or Connect

Posts by danilouwho

catchin' us a mermaid! ;)
our baby mermaid! 
I saw a question like this, asked on a non vaccination group on facebook. Unfortunately, it whizzed through my feed to quickly for me to take any notes. It did get me thinking though. I have a 4 month old baby, exclusively breastfed, not vaxed. As we approach fall, and cold/flu season here, I'm wondering about what things we can all do to give our immune systems a boost and what things I can do to pass on to her. Any vitamins, supplements, foods, you all...
ooooooh, I'll have to check this out - it sounds wonderful. thanks for sharing!
Quote: I totally understand this. To be honest, all this would put me off a little, and a lot of that is just me and who I am, so I don't know if that's really right or wrong. Just how I am. Free or not, especially since she offered it, my doula taking a vacation so close to when I'm due, would just bug me. And make me wonder just how important my birth, and her being at my birth is to her. And to find out on facebook... hmmm. That kind of thing just really bugs me....
Thanks for sharing this - my husband and I just got finished watching it. Very interesting! I knew we wanted to delay cord clamping anyways but I like reinforcing my feelings about things!
 me too!
     Quote: Ugh, YES. history of sexual abuse here. and emotional abuse/neglect from care providers in my youth. This is such a struggle for me. Trusting and feeling like I'm truly cared for.   I would much rather run and hide too. In fact, right now, I'm dealing with interviewing midwives for a home birth and leaving the ob/hospital midwife group I was seeing. I'm terrified about asking them for a final bill, telling them I'm leaving, etc. etc. etc. Blah. And it seems...
I started leaking about this time as well. Only, I had no idea it could even happen at all. Totally shocked me.  I don't think I stopped playing around with my nips for like, 15 minutes or so after I noticed it!  Hubs was all "what are you doing?" and I was like "I can't help it, this is so fascinating!". So far, I just leak (well, enough to actually notice) now and again, but I definitely notice the crust pretty much every day. I leaked onto my shirt a bit the other day...
I've got a couple weeks still too... but here and there I feel the urge to nest for sure! It usually hits when I try to lay down to sleep, or if I've attempted to watch tv or relax - I start thinking about this or that, and next thing I know, I'm up for another hour or two, cleaning something, working on the organization in my office or going over our to do list before the baby comes. I just all the sudden "go, go, go". It cracks my hubby up! Until I start jumping on him...