or Connect

Posts by Lady Mayapple

My wedding ring is platinum, the band is white gold. I wear plain gold hoops because they match all of my clothes, and a sterling silver turquoise pendant pretty much every day. I saw at the mall the other day that rose gold, along with rose-cut diamonds are back in style I have a lot of silver jewelry, but I'm not wearing most of it right now because it's tarnished and I never find the time to clean it. My favorite piece is a silver poison ring with a huge moonstone that...
Thanks so much mamas. I was so afraid to draw attention to the situation-next time I'll know better. It was such a weird day for all the pavilions to be rented out on a weekday. Normally that happens on the weekends, and the place is flooded with out-of-towners, and we generally avoid the park on the weekends for that reason. Perhaps a letter to the park is in order-this is a growing problem with unsupervised children, the place is just pure anarchy on the weekends. I also...
So we went to a local park yesterday, one we visit frequently. It was an unusually busy day for a Tuesday, all of the pavilions were rented, including the big one by the special playground for toddlers. Aside from the usual problems with older kids invading the toddler play area, one little girl who couldn've been older than 6 or 7 was terrorizing everyone. First she approached DS2 (almost 4). He has a little toy raccoon that chirps, and he carries it everywhere. At first...
Quote: Originally Posted by mattemma04 A game cam(hunting section of the store) is pretty cheap,and it is fun to see what prowls the night! I considered this. My parents have CCTV at their house, but they're in the sticks so all they ever see is deer or coyote, maybe a fox or bobcat if you're lucky. A house across the street has a fairly sophisticated security camera system-four large cameras , motion-sensor lights, the whole thing..and two...
With the reemergence of Dengue Fever in the US, coupled with us being out in the woods a lot, we use Cutter. It's not natural I know, but my kids get bitten like crazy if we use anything else. I just don't want to take a chance. Even though the Dengue outbreak is limited to the southern states, it will spread if it hasn't already. A lot of people don't realize they have it, as most just get flu-like symptoms and pass it off as the flu. As for the bites, we've found rubbing...
Quote: Originally Posted by limette We had a bunch of cd's that weren't ours left on our car seat. I'm convinced that someone comes by every night to check the locks because the rare time (three times a year maybe) that dh forgets to lock the door, the car is raided. Me too! The last time it happened was over two years ago, and they shuffled through the glovebox and took all the spare change I found out who did it that time, and I wouldn't...
Yup, in fact DD is overdue for her 2 year test. Our house was built in 1942, and even though the paint isn't chipping anywhere I still do it for safety's sake. My kids play outside a lot and go barefoot most of the time in our yard, so I don' take chances. Our old house was built in 1907 and was a chipping paint nightmare. We actually had the kids tested twice a year during the time we lived there.
This happened when we were kids. My parents bred springer spaniels, and one of the male breeders bit my hand. They placed an ad for him to be re-homed to a childfree owner. He was a fantastic hunting dog, and nearly double the size of most standard springers-he just didn't have any manners or lights on upstairs. The day the man came to get him, he bit my younger sister's face! The man took him anyway....I just hope he never allowed that dog around children. My dad...
DS1 is almost 5. He's either going into engineering or interior design (or both LOL!) He goes to people's houses and compliments (or insults) them on their furniture, curtains, and by george that house better not be messy or you're gonna hear about it! He also has a passion for trains and carnival rides and is fascinated by how they work. We've already started "railfanning" with him-easy to do in this old industrial town! DS2 is almost 4. He loves wild animals, so...
You're back to your old tricks, eh? You did this when we lived a few streets over. It only took you two years to figure out our new address, and yes as you discovered we don't always lock the car at night. When you discovered that our taste in music had not changed, you left the whole case of cd's in the neighbor's driveway and then tried to see what they had. Too bad that old lady had to pee at 5am and caught you running away. You know, I think our music might help you...