or Connect

Posts by Tcarwyn

Yup, the irritability is totally normal. It has to do with eating less carbs and in Atkins circles it is known as "induction flu". It can last up to about 2 weeks but often only about 5 days or so and then you will wake up one morning feeling fabulous And yes, i do eat potatoes, but not often or many maybe once every two weeks or so, more in the winter. T
With lots of mayo! So yum. T
We are off the grid and I am growing my first real veggie garden this year. We have a tiny propane freezer that will mostly be used for meat and while I do have a pressure canner I am a bit worried about the loss of nutrients with canning. I am interested in drying foods. We are off the grid and we wont have enough solar power to run an electric dryer. We are in the mountains of western NC and I am wondering if it is too humid here to use a solar dryer? I saw this...
Pizza made with a tapioca flour crust (very thin so low in carbs, and grain free) mozarella cheese, homemade (and home- canned from last summers heirloom tomatoes) tomato sauce, black olives, sardines, and chickweed (its everywhere right now and the kids love to pick it and eat it) and fresh oregano and chives. That was definately very yummy tanya
For me, I feel better overall, but the really breakthrough and the real weightloss only came when I stopped eating grains. I dont eat glutenous grains at all and only very small amounts of rice and occasionally millet. That was huge for me. No brainfog, no cravings, easier weightloss, gone are the moodswings and pms...
I found one online.for $190. I am planning on getting one of those wooden ones and hang it up myself somehow. Thanks for the ideas. We live off the grid so no washer and dryer We are planning on making built in cob benches in the living room instead of couch and chairs, making them wide enough to double as beds for overnight guests. Tanya (working on those pics )
Chiming in with a family of 4 in about 700 sf house, but the upstairs has slanted ceiling from abut 2 1/2 feet up so not a whole lot of usalabel space up there. It is not layed out great but we recently decided to buy the house (renting it right now) and are making remodeling plans. But so far it is working great for us.
I read this idea online somewhere and I think we might give it a try. Buy single storage drawers (like $20 from Target) and arrange them to cover the foorprint of the mattress. Top with cut to size ply wood ( not even sure you would strictly need that). If your bed is bigger then a twin add braces in the middle ( more plywood they suggested). It sounds simple and good...
Well, we have just decided to buy the tiny house we currently rent. We feel so happy about it. But, it is very small...It's about 750 sf but the second story (so half of that footage) has slanted ceilings (roof) and so not all of that space is usable. We are a family of 4 ( our two little girls share a room). We will be doing some remodeling ( like knocking down the dividing wall down stairs to make a "great" room) but I am mostly interested in finding great...
Just dropped dh off at an airport in tennessee and filled up for $1.59...Its around 1.84 here in NC...A few months ago when we had the shortage and could barely get gas at all it was up to $4.50 or so...