or Connect

Posts by 3boysmom

Our new dishwasher says Jet Dry is "required" also. Nonsense! It runs just fine without it. I usually poor straight white vinegar in the dispenser and it does a great job of creating spot-free dishes and keeps residue off the interior of the machine. But, I sometimes go weeks without adding anything and all is well - the dishes are just a bit spotty.
reported
While you wait to get into the sleep clinic, you might give Moon Drops a try. They are a great homeopathic remedy that really seems to help all of us insomniacs of all ages around here. I get them at Whole Foods, they come in a small box and taste yummy to suck on. They seem to help slow down a racing mind and allow relaxation so we can fall/stay asleep. My 10 year old just came to me and asked for one last night after he had been in bed, unable to fall asleep, for...
I have been making these since 1988! They have a cult following...I'm often asked to bring these as my "price of admission" to potlucks. Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins 1.5 cups packed brown sugar 1 cup buttermilk 2/3 cup vegetable oil 1 large egg 1 t. vanilla 1 t. baking soda 2.5 cups unbleached flour 1/2 t. salt 1.25 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen) Preheat oven to 350 Combine brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla - mix until smooth. Add...
I'm currently on my second round of 8th grade boy! My oldest is in 11th and my second is in 8th right now. When the occasion arises that ds wants to go somewhere where I do not know the family well, I always ask for the phone number ahead of time and I call, introduce myself and say something along the lines of "I understand that you will be hosting a group of kids afterschool tomorrow. I just want to double-check that you will be home and see if I can send anything...
Our school has (thank goodness!) made the move to Direct Donation in lieu of those terrible fundraisers. Each family is asked to give a direct doantion of $50 per student (or whatever they can afford, but most give at least $50) at the beginning of the year to support the various programs at the school. This is tax deductible and the entire amount goes straight to the school - with most fundraisers, the school only gets about 30-50% of the funds raised. We switched a few...
I have a KitchenAid that gets pretty much daily use and I love it.
U + UR Hand by Pink.
You can have texting blocked for that phone - with AT&T you can log in to your account online and do it, or you can call and have it blocked. My ds pays for his own unlimited text package ($20/month). In your case, with his blatant disregard for your rules, I would simply take the phone away. It is a priviledge, not a right.
I always have some cranberry concentrate capsules and probiotic capsules on hand and the combo. of those two always has me feeling better very quickly. Also, drink a lot of water to flush your system - no sugary or alcoholic drinks. Good luck!