or Connect

Posts by 3boysmom

Umm, no. It doesn't seem to end. Mine are now 16, 13 and 10 and they still can't seem to hit the spot. Actually, the older two seem to be able to manage at least getting pee in or on the toilet now but the 10 year old is still having occasional "paint the wall" problems. They just don't seem to be willing to put forth the required effort/attention to hit the spot. The boys have their own bathroom which they take turns cleaning daily. I can always tell when one of...
I want to thank everyone for their thoughtful responses. We never thought we'd be in a situation where we would even consider drug testing our child, but yet here we are. In our case, we would not be using the tests as a "Gotcha", or means to punish. We really feel the need to regain the trust that we've had with ds all of his life until this. The most devastating part of all of this is knowing that, despite our very open, trusting and loving relationship, ds still...
When we got our new fridge about a year ago, the guy who installed it said I should throw out the first few gallons of water it dispensed. I think I probably ran through maybe 2 gallons and then our first drink was good.
But what do you do when your teen engages in patterns of behavior that you believe to be harmful? No matter how openly you talk, the bottom line is that they may still make choices that are harmful. As a parent, it is very difficult to find the line between respecting their privacy and still being their parent and guiding them toward good decisions - especially if you have reason to believe that they may be headed down a dangerous path. No matter what your beliefs...
We are an extremely open family...we talk about everything. Our kids are all very aware that illegal activities are not ok with us. Even more important, they know that treating our bodies and minds with respect and making responsible choices is the expectation in our family. I realize that the teen years are a time of testing and trying to figure out who you are, the kind of life you want to lead. At this point, we realize that ds has made some poor choices. We want...
It's funny, I posted to this thread almost exactly a year ago. Well, ds has now just turned 10 and he is finally dry at night. It has been about 4 months now since he last wet the bed. It seemed to just stop suddenly - I guess he finally just grew out of it - thank goodness! I am so happy for him.
Thanks, artgirl. We have a standing order at a lab for random drug tests whenever we choose to bring him in. Not sure if we'll use it, but it's there just in case. We've researched home tests and do understand that we need to go into the bathroom with him to watch him pee in the cup and test it immediately. There is also an at-home alcohol test that uses a saliva swab and gives results in about a minute. We have friends that have invested in a breathalizer for their...
The situation here is that one of ds's friends was selling mj and mushrooms. His parents found out about it, searched his room and found (among other things) a list he had made of his customers. This was a long list which included just about every teen we know. The "sellers" parents called the parents of all the "customers". This led parents to search their own kids' rooms, text messages, etc. and more info was gathered that way about who was doing what and how often. ...
In the past month, many (actually, most) of the 16 year olds in our neighborhood have been found to be regular drug users. My oldest is 16 and we are talking about many of his friends here. My ds has admitted to smoking pot. The parents have all been in contact (most of us are good friends) and are working together to get a handle on the situation. The drugs being used are mostly marijuana, some mushrooms, alcohol with some ecstasy and prescription drugs thrown in. A...
Nothing under 500. Most in our home are 700. I am a sheet snob, can't deal with anything but super-soft. We've had most of ours for a few years and have had no problems with ripping.