or Connect

Posts by 3boysmom

We've been using "Click - Don't Scratch" for a few years now. I am a mosquito magnet and get huge, incredibly itchy bites. This thing works great! I keep one at home, one in my purse and one in our pool bag. http://www.chinaberry.com/prod.cfm/p...30015/inv/6650
Our lab/shepherd mix has been having seizures once every 3-4 months for over a year now. It is hard to watch, but we do our best to be sure she is in a safe place where she won't injure herself on anything and we speak softly to her and stroke her gently until she comes out of it. She is always a bit out of it for about 5-10 minutes afterward and she always vomits within 5 minutes of finishing a seizure. Our vet really wants to put her on anti-seizure meds and insists...
Grecian Windflower?
Could be peony, but I'm betting Hibiscus. They'll get to be about 3 feet tall, probably with huge colorful flowers in late summer. I have several different kinds, most of them produce flowers that are dinner plate size. As they get taller, you'll likely need to stake the individual stalks to keep them upright.
My 9 year old has been to two b-day parties in the past week. One child gave out $3 Smoothie King gift cards instead of a goodie bag. The other kid gave each guest a small nerf football. I would much rather have him come home with something like that than yet another bag full of candy and junk toys.
Use a blow dryer set on cool to send air into the cast. This really feels good, dries it out in there, and helps stop the itching that comes with a cast. Try to think of it as a good excuse to get out of doing the dishes!
Check out the wonderful book "Roots, Shoots, Buckets and Boots: Gardening Together with Children" by Sharon Lovejoy. It is a truly marvelous book with so many great ideas and info., and lovely drawings. This book was used nearly to tatters when my boys were younger. Now that they're older, I still can't bring myself to part with it. I still browse through it sometimes and remember all the great gardening adventures we had. Highy recommended!
Is it possible that the invites were never handed out? I would call folks and ask if they are coming. If they never got the invite, you can invite them over the phone and if they did get it but just never bothered to call, you can embarrass them over their bad manners and still get a head count. Can you tell that non-RSVPers are a huge pet peeve of mine?
I'm right there with you. My 7th grade ds's current english teacher was just arrested for an ongoing sexual relationship with one of his students. The child is now in 10th grade and the abuse started when he was in 7th grade. When they went to the teacher's home they found chloroform, handcuffs, a handgun, explosives and mutilated pictures of children. This guy is a former teacher of the year award winner in one of the top-ranked middle schools in the US. My older ds...
My 12 year old had a big plantars wart and was absolutely not about to put up with any long, drawn-out natural remedy. I bought the OTC remedy that freezes the wart (you apply it with a long Q-tip type thing attached to a spray bottle...very easy) and it was gone with only one application. This was several months ago and it has not returned. It was painless.