or Connect

Posts by mickerbaby

Thanks for all the great information and opinions.  At this point we have renegotiated again and it's back to him having EVO weekend, Fri-Mon and Wednesday nights and then I had to add in one more Saturday night.  So instead of another weekend for him, he will just have them Sat afternoon to Sunday afternoon.  This is the bare minimum he will accept without us going back to court.  We have also agreed to 50/50 during the summer.    So overall, it comes out to him...
my STBX wants to have 50/50 custody but since we could soon be living 1 hour away from each other I suggested that he could have the kids each weekend from Friday night to Monday morning.  Do any other parents do this arrangement?  How does it work out for you? 
I'm in the middle of a divorce and my STBX would like to have shared physical custody.  To avoid anymore court battles (we've already spent $25,000 and really haven’t gotten anywhere.) I am trying to negotiate with him.  But the problem is that I want to move closer to my job (I am an hour away) closer to my family and to a better school district.  This means the kids would be about an hour away from their dad.    I have suggested that he take the kids Friday...
Thank you for all these responses..and thank you Jeannine for the suggestions. I do think that maybe when the responsibility for the kids "have to's" is totally on my STBX husbands shoulders..he will hopefully step up to the plate. He is a good dad in a lot of ways.
Wanted to know if anyone does this? And how does it work for you? As I mentioned in a previous post, my STBX wants 50/50 custody but I'm concerned that he isn't consistent enough to handle all the responsibilities of school work and I think I'd like the kids to have more consistency during the school week with their own bed ect... Friends have cautioned me against giving away every weekend to the EX but I tend to work my second job on weekends anyway and I thought that...
all your responses have helped...and people have mentioned some of my biggest concerns.. My STBX is a pretty good dad, he is involved in most aspects of the girls lives. Takes them to soccer games, will check homework (although needs reminders often from me) and overall does pretty well with them. I do think that he could have issues "keeping all the balls in the air" or keeping track of everything without reminders. Which concerns me when it comes to consistancy. ...
Has anyone agreed to 50/50 shared physical custody and then regreted it? Why? And what were your reasons for agreeing to it in the first place? thanks! Crissy
Has anyone agreed to shared, 50/50 custody, and later regreated it? Why? And why did you agree to it orginally? thanks, Crissy