or Connect

Posts by naneki118

Dear Dr. Markham, I am writing for advice on how to be the most connected working parent that I can. My son, who is 25 months old has been in a nanny share that I think he enjoys (since 20 months, previously mostly home with me and my husband). He talks about the other little boy and nanny when he's home, and has a great calm, predictable routine with the nanny who is very loving (perhaps too much sometimes she is smothering!). Anyway, he looks happy when I pick him up at...
Hello Dr. Markham, My 19-month old son just started preschool. Previously he had been home with me until 14 months (and a nanny/his aunt 16 hours a week) and then home full time with my husband from 14-19 months. Now my husband and I are both working full time, so he's started preschool 9 hours/5 days a week. I'm writing to ask how I know if he is adjusting well, and if this a good situation, and how/when to make the call if its not? He cries a little when I drop him...
I am an exhausted mom to a little 6 month old boy and writing to get help for sleeping. He was waking up every 2 hours at night since birth in pain and crying. Most of the time I nursed him back to sleep to comfort him, though sometimes he needed the swing or to sleep upright on my chest. I eventually figured out it was a dairy sensitivity and eliminated that. Now his pain is gone (since about 4 months), but he is still waking up every 2 hours, and expecting to nurse....