or Connect

Posts by crystal_buffaloe

This might be a good resource, too: http://www.cesareanrates.com/vbac You could find the VBAC rates for hospitals within driving distance of you.
Hi there. I don't have any experience/knowledge about the area, but I'm from SE Missouri and it's pretty VBAC hostile and I'd imagine that area is, too. Is there an ICAN chapter anywhere near you? That's where I found info about possible VBAC friendly providers. How far are you from The Farm?
I understand that this comes from an incredible position of privilege, but I've never left my children crying for me anywhere, and it is very hard for me to imagine doing so. Honestly, I wouldn't just walk away from a crying child if the reason for the crying was because they didn't want me to leave them. (Again, I am very fortunate to be in the position not to need childcare outside of myself or DH - so I've never been forced to leave one of the kids. If they don't want...
Man, I love picture updates Look at those kids! And all that hair! They look so happy! And I am in total agreement that it doesn't seem like it's been nearly a year. It has gone by SO FAST.
Mine is 2 years and 9 months and still very happily rear-facing. She's small for her age, so we'll definitely keep her RF til 3, and very probably longer if she fits -- she's just under 30 pounds now, and I think our seat is good RF until 45 pounds (FTR, it was under $100 as was our infant seat). She's also always been more than happy to ride in the car RF -- she sleeps almost any time we drive anywhere. I have a towel tucked up to protect the seat back from her muddy...
I'm sticking with my tank tops. I'm so lopsided since this left-boob nursing strike* there's just no way. However, I've been thinking about this whole idea of my appearance more lately. I know I look ridiculous, and mostly I think it doesn't really matter -- whole days go by when I don't see anybody but the kids and DH -- but. But. Another part of the problem is that I'm so cheap. I have lots of size 14's, which is what I wore before DD was born, and then I have a lot of...
I have three Target nursing tanks (black, white, gray) and I wear them every.single.day -- I am so totally looking forward to bra shopping once this kid is weaned! (In 15-21 months or so!) But I do think I probably need to invest in some nursing clothes so I can be more comfortable and don't feel like I have to wear a black shirt with the black tank anytime we're going to be out. With their first kid, my BIL & SIL basically just continued on with their normal lives --...
What kind of nursing clothes do you have? I have a few tops, but they seem pretty poorly constructed to me and I'm reluctant to shill out more dough for some of the more expensive brands. Not much going on over here, except that we went to see The Hobbit! I didn't leave DD with a sitter until she was well over a year, but DS is just so much more laid back and I guess I'm more starved for a date :P Anyway, we were gone right at 3 hours (the theatre is right by our house)...
My grandma told me all about making formula! She said her oldest was colicky and so the doctor adjusted the "formula" -- ratio -- all the time.
I used my Avent Isis Duo with great success BFing my DD for 18 months and pumping while at work. I really like it and urged others to look into it, rather than just the default Medela. However, after 2 months of once per day pumping with DS, I'm not getting good suction -- I had spare diaphragms & replaced them (those are cheap) but have come to the conclusion that the tubing needs to be replaced -- I think it's worn/stretched where it connects to the non-control pump. I...