or Connect

Posts by Rainey Daye

I think my mom is finally getting it on the gift category...she is actually listening to my desires on specific kinds of toys for Bug. They can't really afford to do a zoo or museum membership for us, but I think once I feel like Bug has enough toys that they might be willing to contribute towards a membership. Once we are actually on the road and traveling there is a museum in Ohio that the membership is like $100 for a family, but it gets you into tons of museums,...
As far as cars go, we had at one point talked about being a one car family but with our son's recent anaphylactic peanut allergy diagnosis there is no way we can be "stranded" at home with no vehicle should he somehow have a reaction to something seemingly innocuous that was tainted with peanuts...and driving DH to and from work so that I could have the car would never work, since he leaves for work at 5am, about two hours before our early-rising kiddo wakes up.   So...
For my little Bug, I am getting rid of anything that doesn't fit into seven particular categories and into certain amounts of space. He is young enough that he will likely not notice that with Christmas he will simply be replacing a bunch of tacky and/or big plastic annoying toys with what his mama originally wanted for him but let things get out of hand the first couple of years!!   These are my categories...   1. Wooden train set. He has a simple figure eight...
As I expected, I'm probably the least minimalist of the posters so far...insofar as gifts for my child. He will get a couple very small gifts in his stocking (a matchbox car and another wild animal figure for his collection) and then three gifts from us...a very small Thomas train set that I got with Huggies codes, a small set of wooden blocks that I got for the price of shipping after a voucher, and some Duplo blocks from Freecycle. All these fit into the seven...
Well, as I told my husband, I'd rather be the odd one out in a minimalist group who has a little bit more stuff and is encouraged by the others in becoming more minimalist than the odd one out elsewhere where everyone has more junk than I do and encourages me in acquiring more!!   As the granddaughter of a lady who was definitely a packrat (if not a hoarder) and a mom who is becoming more and more that way after finally settling down from traveling/moving to new...
I am all for that!! I admit I am an aspiring minimalist only...as I still struggle with the ever expanding clutter that seems to appear in our house...but most of my friends and family already think I am crazy minimalist only because I have so much less STUFF than them!! Our dream is to sell our house in the near future (but only if we can do so without losing any money on it) and to buy an RV and be location-independent...with all our belongings fitting into the RV (with...
Quote: Well, come to find out...when I wrote this back in September, I actually WAS pregnant...but have since lost that baby as well. Totally sucks..as that has been three losses in the last ten months.    Anyway, so after we got the news the baby was no longer with us I decided I must have a name for it as well. I never realized this before, but Riley and Paisley are not only both gender-neutral, but both end in -ley...so that was the criteria for this one too. We...
Not much, but here's the latest...   20 items to my kid sis for her little boy   780/2011
1 bin of paper recycling 1 bag of plastic recycling 1 phone book 22 magazines   Total gone today: 25   760/2011
So I'd been having spotting off and on since two days after my BFP, but it was only stringy brown bits and very light...so while I was worried a bit, I wasn't too concerned...especially since the brown spotting usually happened within a day or two of DTD and then cleared up after a day or two...till the next time.   Well, after one instance of a tiny bit of pinkish-red spotting one morning after DTD the night before we decided not to do that again for a good long...