or Connect

Posts by Rainey Daye

In Romania in the winter and during the rainy bits of spring and fall it takes FOREVER to dry jeans!! Fortunately at least in the winter I would lay a pair of jeans across the hot water radiator in my room for a few hours, then turn them over and let them lay there for a few more hours and voila...dry jeans!!   This didn't work during the rainy springs and falls though...cause the radiators were not turned on except from October through February or March,...
I wanna join...even though ya'll have a 4 month head start on me!! I'm in the process of decluttering...but nothing has actually made it out of the house yet except for trash to the curb (mostly a couple boxes, a bedframe, a bookshelf, and a few bags in the garage waiting for the neighborhood yard sale or Goodwill...and a couple boxes of books to sell online or take to Half Price Books to see what I can get for them). So since nothing but trash (including about 4 kitchen...
Oh gosh..don't know if I wanna post on this thread yet...since we are in the process of minimizing stuff at the moment....but I guess I'll tackle the living room.   1 couch 1 loveseat 4 pillows 1 throw 5 hoops (2 adult size, 3 child size) 1 wall print 1 lamp 1 digital photo frame 1 dvd storage box 1 wine cabinet 1 picnic basket 1 bookshelf/entertainment center 1 TV 1 DVD player 1 XBox360 1 charger for XBox controllers 1 teddy bear 2...
Like I said, it's not like I'm scared for their safety. It's more a matter of the fact that it is inevitable that these kiddos are growing up in a completely digital age...in a world where mommy bloggers lay it all out there...struggles with potty training, funny stories of random things kids do that they might be embarrassed about when they are older (painting the wall with the contents of their diaper, anyone?), etc. We also know that once things are out there on the...
My kitchen!! I decided to change some things around to make it even more open and uncluttered. Took the crockpot, blender, and breadmaker off the counter and they are now stored under the counter...and decided to take the coffeemaker off there too since we use it at most once a week (and are prob gonna get rid of it now that we have a Euro-style stove top espresso maker and a cold brew system). Took the knife block and moved it to a high cabinet too, since little dude...
Okay, now I'm just confused!! I just set up an account on Fertility Friend and it's got my supposed fertile and ovulation days completely different than the app I was using on my phone!! I think I just need to hang out and see if something worked this cycle and if not I'm gonna start checking temps and cm as soon as AF is over!!
We actually managed to do it last week under the covers with our bedroom door open and my MIL asleep on the couch just around the corner (you can't see directly into the master bedroom unless you are standing in the back hallway...which no one would be in unless going to the master or the nursery). Tricky, yes...but I think DH actually got a kick out of the danger!!    Now to see if it worked and stuck (since that was one of only two chances we had during my last fertile...
My husband, myself, and our then-kitten lived for two years in a 600 sq. ft. apartment, which I loved. It had the bedroom on a corner, so it was always sunny and bright and felt very open. Didn't care a whole lot for the kitchen and laundry room/pantry...but it was acceptable...and the main living room and bathroom did not feel cramped.   We decided that we "needed" a house and started the hunt...and moved into our 1,600 sq. ft. home with a small backyard when I was...
I started blogging when I was a single missionary girl in Romania in 2005 and continued blogging regularly till around the time I got pregnant with our little guy. For the first year and a half of Bug's life I very rarely blogged, but this year started up with at least semi-regular blogging once again.    In my pre-baby posts I did occasionally mention last names and the names of nieces and nephews. Once we moved into our house (just before Bug was born) I even had a...
So I guess I'm in the 2WW now...IF my system isn't still wacky. My week early and WAY heavy period lasted a whole freakin' week (usually only have 3 days...or at most 4)!! My mom seems to think that since I'm approaching 35 that I may start having weird cycles every few months as my body ramps up towards pre-menopause. I personally still think of myself as a fairly youngun' and even thinking of such things weirds me out...cause SURELY I'm not anywhere near that old...but...