or Connect

Posts by Rainey Daye

I'd almost forgotten about this thread. We still have both our betta fish and Ami (our cat). As it stands now I think Ami will be around for a while (though I'm not sure if we'll keep the fish or pass it on to someone else...but there's not any big attachment there).   We do have the goal of selling our house, buying an RV, and being location independent in the future though...and when we do we will have to find Ami a home...not because of minimalism but because she...
I've just decided that I'm gonna go get DH an inbox for those papers he is in the process of dealing with...one that can fit on a shelf inside the desk cabinet!! Then I'll move the old stereo out, shred the last of the to-be-shredded pile, and vacuum. Then not only can I show off my space, but it will STAY clear!! I don't want his lack of finishing stuff to keep our space from staying clear!!   Then I'll come back to post pics of the rest of the office and of my...
So, this is only one corner of our home office (my desk)...but I'm so happy to have it clean and organized and ready for use. Our office was not in good shape for a while cause it was our catch-all room...so the rest of the house looked clean, neat, and minimal...but we hid everything in the office!! Now we've got the office clear and usable and it's one of the most minimalist rooms in the house. We even plan on minimizing it even more when we get rid of an old stereo,...
I am thinking of revamping my sleepwear to simplify it...and what I was thinking was to buy two sets of old-school pajamas, the kind with matching pants and button front long sleeve top...and then buy two tanks to match the pajamas. I think this would cover all sleep situations...since at home I'd probably just wear the tank top with undies to bed and pull on the pajama bottoms when up and around kiddo...then have the top to wear for extra warmth as well as around others...
Out with the recycling:  6 bags of shredded papers and paper trash   After clear out from under sink: 7 random things into trash   New Total:  288/2012 $27.75   Can you tell that today was spent sorting paper piles and cleaning the kitchen? 
New Total:  275/2012 $27.75   Yeah, didn't get a whole lot for the cd's (about 24 cents apiece), but that's really okay. I mean, yeah...it'd be cool to get more, but personally it's worth not making as much on them and going ahead and getting them out of the house. A lot of them were older cd's too, not the latest and greatest and in demand stuff since we haven't bought ANY cd's in the past four years!! Same reasoning behind donating to Goodwill vs. stashing in...
Popping in with totals from yesterday!!   41 books donated to the library 9 items (mostly books) donated to Goodwill   Total yesterday--50 items   New Total: 275/2012 $0.00   Later today I will finally be taking that box of cd's I took out to the car the other day (already counted since they were out of the house and not allowed back in) to Half Price Books to hopefully get a few dollars for them. It kinda hurts to think of how much $$ was spent on...
I don't count food out of the fridge unless I am doing a big clean-out and then I just count the bag it's all tossed into as one thing. Things from the pantry in packages are counted though.   I don't count pieces of paper. I count recycling by the bin-full or box-full...so if I have a bin of newspapers and a bag of paper from the shredder, then that is just two items.   Cardboard boxes (like small ones from Amazon or cardboard diaper boxes) are not counted...
  Quote: Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali  Rainey- I envy your straight, perfect teeth.     Quote: Originally Posted by Imakcerka  She does have nice teeth!     Haha...except in the pic you can't tell that I've got a bottom tooth almost completely turned sideways from a stupid wisdom tooth that came in sideways and shoved all my teeth forward after I was good and grown. You also can't tell I've had a root canal and one of my side teeth is a fake!!    But thanks for...
More clearing out and cleaning up today!! Our office is the cleanest it's been in ages!! Of course, we are doing the whole box it all up and move it elsewhere and then go through one box at a time thing....so we've really got a ways to go till we've gone through everything!!   Anyway...today's total out of the house (gotta take 'em to Half Price and see if I can get anything for them)...   115 cd's   New total: 225/2012!!