or Connect

Posts by Rainey Daye

This is the whole pool area...as you can see, it's not very big at all...which is why the price per day is so annoying...  
Ours is just the town pool. It's got one big slide, a regular pool area that can be divided into about 5 swim lanes and gets deeper at one end, and then the kiddie splash area with one big tower/slide thing with the bucket that fills and dumps, one very small toddler slide, and a few spray things. The whole thing isn't very big at all and it gets insanely crowded every summer...but it's the cheapest option around here unless my friend invites us over to her apartment...
Just looked and it's $5/day for anyone 3-16 who are residents (we are) and twice that for non-residents...ouch!!
See, here's the deal for me. We've bought a two person museum pass the past couple years and when he turned two he was no longer free..but a museum employee explained to me that it was two people from the same family at any given time, so we didn't have to upgrade, because I'm never there with both my son AND my husband.   We've also bought a single zoo membership for me the past couple years. It is set to expire in early May and Bug doesn't turn three till mid-July....
That is me, in my "vain" avatar. It's a pic from when I did a modeling class almost 10 years ago (eesh, has it really been almost 10 years since 2002?)...back when I was a good 25 pounds lighter and didn't have to worry about stray grey hairs and fine lines!!    I probably should change my avatar to a more recent and normal pic, but sometimes it's nice to have a "vain" picture somewhere when I'm tired and still in my pj's cause it's cold and rainy and I've been...
Gosh, you were creeping me out with that weird witch pic!! 
Would you do it? Like if your child was turning three mid-summer and children under two get in to the community pool for free...would you just act as if they hadn't had their birthday yet to continue going for the rest of the summer or would you start paying post-birthday?   Obviously, for something like a yearly membership where you were buying it VERY close to their cut off age there is a bit more of a moral dilemma there...as well as the very real possibility you...
I recently decided to revamp Bug's toys and get rid of anything that doesn't fit into seven different categories... 1. Legos/Duplos 2. Wooden building blocks 3. Matchbox/Hotwheels cars 4. Wooden train set (minimal Thomas expanded with comparable cheaper trains) 5. Animal figures (sturdy ones by Safari Ltd. and Schleich...I get them at Michaels or Joannes with coupons for 40-50% off occasionally, so I'm not spending the big bucks on these, but he'll eventually...
Heh, if you could see our house you'd know that I'm not much into wall stuff either!! There's an ugly cheap poster type painting in our kitchen that DH likes, some weird print (again DH) over our couch, and Ferris Bueller and Star Wars posters in the office (again DH). Other than that, we've got a couple inherited paintings in our bedroom (again DH) and one random little picture in our guest bedroom (that one is mine). All of those I could do without. DH has talked about...
Are any of ya'll on Pinterest? I actually made a board cause I am a visual person. I am hoping to post pics of my minimalist wardrobe on there, as well as post various links related to maximizing the potential of a limited wardrobe and dressing classy with just a few pieces.    If anyone is interested, it's in the early stages and doesn't have much on it yet....but here it is...     http://pinterest.com/RaineyDaye/project-333-project-36-365/