or Connect

Posts by GatorConnie

My daughter is 3 months old and I decided to vaccinate her in the same way we did my son.  We decided not to do polio and Hep B at 2 months, but did the other 3 recommended vaccines (Hib, DTaP, and Prevnar).  My son, who is now 2 1/2 tolerated them OK, with only some pain at the injection site of the DTaP, so that's the kind of reaction I was expecting in my daughter.  At one month old I cut dairy out of my diet because she was having severe GI distress and she started...
I am lucky enough to be a 30 minute drive from the only stand alone midwifery in Colorado, Mountain Midwifery Center.  The group of midwives there has grown in the 2 years since I birthed my first child there and I'm looking forward to another amazing birth experience there in June. The owner, Tracy, and her husband sacrificed everything to give the women of the Denver area the chance to birth in a wonderful, caring environment and I am forever grateful to her for that....
Oh, and I'm a physical therapist in a nursing home, so I lift at my job all the time with no problem.  As long as you listen to your body and quit if it's uncomfortable, you should be fine.
I'm in exactly the same size as you, as is my son  (5'1" and my son is 25 lbs and just turned 2 a couple days ago) and I just hiked 2 1/2 miles with him in the Ergo at 7 months pregnant the other day.  I was very comfortable, which surprised me, but very sore the next day.  Guess I should do it more often:)  I just had the waist belt under my belly, which you probably don't have much of at 6 weeks.  I wore him all the time when I was that early on in my pregnancy.  Have...
It didn't work for me with my first (although I did have a really short, albeit painful, labor), but I recommend the course to anyone anyway because it helped me pre-labor and just in life in general getting to know my fears and getting my husband and I talking about things that we probably wouldn't have.  I read Birthing from Within this time around and feel it'll work better for me because it's a lot of the techniques I fell back on when I discovered I was not going to...
I've been feeling them for awhile and forgot to ask at my midwife appt yesterday if it was normal (I've been feeling them since around 16 weeks, when I first felt the baby move).  I'm glad others do too at this point.  I figured it was just another one of those things that comes from being an experienced prego. 
I have several blogs, one for updates on my son from birth to present, my own, and soon I'll be starting one for my new addition (TBA).  I write about everything that comes to my mind, sometimes to do with parenting, sometimes with being green, sometimes, just when I'm pissed off at something:)  I find blogging very therapeutic.  
I posted this under breastfeeding too, but I am curious if anyone who has been still breastfeeding when getting pregnant has experienced this. At 16 months, my son only breastfeeds at night, so I haven't felt a strong letdown, even during a feeding in about 6 months. I am 5 days late (and have a pretty regular cycle), but my HPT was neg, which isn't surprising to me because I am someone who doesn't show up quickly on a urine test. It was over a week with my first. I am...
Has anyone who was breastfeeding and gotten pregnant again experienced this? I am 5 days late and my cycle has been regularly 29 or 30 days since my period returned following my first child. He is 16 mos and nurses still in the evening. I have not felt a letdown in at least 6 months even while nursing and today, I had 2 during the day that I could definitely feel. I had a negative pregnancy test this morning, but I am someone who takes a long time to show up positive...
I have been trying to get pregnant for the past 3 months (my son is 13 months old on May 3rd), without success (my first pregnancy I got pregnant on the first try). I am still nursing my son at night (before bed and night wakings) and occasionally in the morning and everyone keeps telling me that's why I can't get pregnant and I need to stop. I still find the bonding experience wonderful and I want to continue to provide my current child with the best nutrition and...