or Connect

Posts by OdinsMommy0409

Oh, and if you want to find some other local crunchy moms, search 'alternamamas of Memphis." It's a very active FB group. Every once in a while, there's some drama so be forewarned but otherwise great for moms looking to connect with other crunchy moms. I'm not in there in longer though, but most would recognize if you said Odin's mom sent you.
That's the Vollintine-Evergreen neighborhood. I've had lots of friends in that area as I went to and worked at Rhodes College just around the corner. It's a good neighborhood. Once you get north of Jackson though, it can be a little hit or miss. You're close enough to Rhodes and still within VE that I suspect it should be good for your family.    Preferred grocery will be Kroger on Union at McLean. It's small but preferrable to the one at Poplar and Cleveland. Of...
This is very familiar. Of course, DH has always known that DS1 isn't typical, and DH has even protected DS1 from well-intentioned but clueless family. Then, we have days (more and more often) where DH is clearly frustrated that DS1 hasn't outgrown x,y, or z. It's those days that I want to scream at him to grow up, do some reading on his own for once, or don't come home until he's found some patience and can apologize.    There's a lot of "DS2 is so much tougher than DS1."...
Despite an acknowledgment for the past few years that our 4yoDS is clearly "sensitive," my DH is suddenly struggling significantly to accept the diagnosis. I suspect he's been lying to himself that DS would outgrow it or that somehow in the future he could just "spank" it out of him. (Note: We don't use physical punishment at all, but DH was raised that way). Today, after a haircut experience gone horribly, my DH flipped out and shamed our son for his "behavior." DH then...
We're you able to get into the breastfeeding mamas group. It's actually an active group. Breasfeeding Moms of Memphis is actually a pretty active group. Just FYI if you are considering a move to MS, you must vax or homeschool. MS doesn't accept religious or philosophical exemptions, and it's extremely difficult to find alt-vax schedule friendly doctors in MS. Children must be up-to-date in order to attend school. Just wanted you to know. I've had a few mama friends run...
I used Trillium for my VBAC. Amy is wonderful. I had a 48 hour back labor with baby #2. He was VBAC weighing in at 9lb 14.5oz. My first was csection weighing in at 6lb4oz. Love, love, love my midwife. In fact, I'm having lunch with her tomorrow just because. :) Message me if you want her number. 
Post-Honeymoon weight is definitely more realistic for me too, but I can dream or beg/pray at least. . The honeymoon did me in as DH developed the flu our first day so we were stuck with room service for the duration and no activity *clears throat* to burn any calories.     
I'll join in though I'm starting very slowly. I'm only 3.5 weeks PP, healing from a 3rd degree tear, and now dealing with an infection. However, I started walking a week ago after my midwife said I could start walking, swimming, and yoga as tolerated. I haven't stepped on the scale, but I suspect I have around 10 pounds left to go based on how my pre pregnancy pants fit (or don't fit). Plus, I have and additional 40-50 lbs on top of that I'd like to lose (30 from my 1st...
I had a return of bleeding with DS1. Lochia for 3 weeks. Then, I had nothing for a week, then a return of bleeding for one week. My first PP period didn't return for another 9 months. It seems pretty common amongst my friends to have a respite then a bleed again. Only for a very few was it the return of fertility.   
Well, DS1 is wanting to transition into his own bed (and bedroom). Currently, DH is helping him transition and sleeping with DS1 at night in another room while I'm with DS2 in our bedroom. I can't believe all the new "big boy" things that DS is wanting to do since his baby brother arrived. No regression just progression. Very unexpected. I really miss my big boy cuddles, and we'll see how the transition does or doesn't go (since DS isn't sleeping alone still).