or Connect

Posts by OdinsMommy0409

We don't do them anymore, but we do chiropractic wellness maintenance with a pediatric chiro. We basically do the same things at the chiro (weight, height, etc) but without the worries of the germy pedi's office. Between myself and the chiro, we'll easily catch anything that might need a MD or DO to check out. 
After 44 hours of labor including nearly 2 hours of pushing, Dexter Daniel (43w 3 almost 4d) was born via amazing hospital VBAC after HBAC transfer at 11:58 pm Tuesday, March 6th. While it wasn't the homebirth I wanted or envisioned, it was exactly what baby and mommy needed. He weighed a whopping 9lbs 14.5 oz, with an ascyclintic head presentation. We're both tired but recovering well. My midwife was amazingly supportive throughout the whole process. More details to...
After 44 hours of labor including nearly 2 hours of pushing, Dexter Daniel (43w 3 almost 4d) was born via amazing hospital VBAC after HBAC transfer at 11:58 pm Tuesday, March 6th. While it wasn't the homebirth I wanted or envisioned, it was exactly what baby and mommy needed. He weighed a whopping 9lbs 14.5 oz, with an ascyclintic head presentation. We're both tired but recovering well. My midwife was amazingly supportive throughout the whole process. More details to...
HumbleLuna - I hope you can delay one of your tests or at least go to a more supportive place for them. I had a huge sense of peace yesterday afternoon, and I told my DH that today would be today. Sure enough, I woke up in early labor around 4am this morning. Things seem to be progressing well, and I think I may be transitioning into active labor. I hope the day brings labor your way as well. 
Well, I'm still here, BUT I'm in labor!!!  Things started around 4am this morning with early labor, and I think I might be moving into active labor now. 42w 2d. 
Yay! Congrats on your little girl, mrscookie!    
HumbleLuna Hope I hope another night has either brought you a sweet baby into your arms or another night of peace to trust your body and baby to do what mother's bodies have been doing for millennia. Such a wonderful thing to have supportive midwives. I'm so happy that both of us have that. I hope that your midwives will find another option for their post dates and post term mothers who need to have the BPP and NST. It's so difficult to process drastic differing medical...
I'm still here. 42 weeks today. Feeling okay though I miss being able to sit comfortably on anything for even a minute. Baby is still very active, and everything still looks great. I had my first bit of swelling in my feet last night, but it was exceptionally mild and only in the toes and top of my foot. I would love for these contractions to develop into active labor soon. I'm sure once Monday comes that the stress will increase at the thought of seeing my midwife on...
Sounds like my day Thursday, HumbleLuna. I don't have a hospital plan either except that I really don't think I can successfully VBAC in a hospital environment. Fortunately, if everything continues to go well, my midwife is allowing me to go until Friday before I see the OB. Meanwhile, I'm 42 weeks today and more than ready to meet this baby. 
I'm knowing how you're feeling HumbleLuna. 42 weeks today. Fortunately, things look so good still that my midwife is giving me until next Friday before we see the OB. I'll see her on Thursday if baby hasn't made his appearance by then. I'll definitely consider a membrane sweep and castor oil induction attempt by Thursday, but I haven't had any exams thus far. I have no idea what my body has or hasn't done, and I usually don't do well with exams but definitely think it...