or Connect

Posts by paintedfire

Quote: Originally Posted by Liquesce The idea of perm chemicals right at my eyeballs makes me feel kind of like . Third. Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad Why do you want your eyelashes to curl? Boys. Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy My eyelashes are naturally curly. *smug* Second. (Sorry, Kas!)
Quote: Originally Posted by SumnerRain Take the meds. They need you healed, and if you are in pain, you cannot heal. Take the medication. This thread should help you a bit (I hope). Scroll to post # 15 on the first page for all the meds I take and feel better about yours. And feel better in general. Take care of yourself.
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperSarah Girl: Faye (Dorothy?) Faye is one of my absolute favorite names but our last name prevents its use, so please, PLEASE use it. I beg of you. Quote: Originally Posted by SumnerRain Our girl name is Calliope (unsure of middle name) (Kuh-lie-oh-pee) and I told my mom and got a 15 minute rant on how horrible of a choice it is, how made up it sounds, how she will never be able to spell it, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by verde It helps me think things through. Quote: Originally Posted by EFmom I have some of my best conversations with myself. Yes to both of these. BIG TIME to the first and ashamedly to the second, but still yes to both. Quote: Originally Posted by Katie T This cracked me up! I thought I was the only person who thought I sounded way better in the car! You are...
Benefiber or magnesium supplements.
Quote: Originally Posted by rhiOrion I'm definitely a car singer, too. Who isn't a car singer? The acoustics in my car in infinitely better than those in my shower. I sound magical in my car. It's breathtaking. Really. So is my Mom, who is the worst singer alive. Everyone in our family dreads their birthday because she calls you and makes you listen to her screech the words to Happy Birthday. I've got it the worst, though. Starting on my...
Quote: Originally Posted by To-Fu I wish that instead of asking why she doesn't leave, people would ask why he abuses her, you know? Very true. It's probably yet another piece of our society that hasn't evolved past the fifties when "men were men and women were women." Ugh.
Quote: Originally Posted by BookGoddess That reminds me of something someone once told me. It's ok to talk to yourself, but get worried if you start answering yourself. Ouch. Then I think I may be in a lot of trouble.
I don't know. My Mom is incredibly beautiful, intelligent, funny, and so many more things but she has - her entire life - made awful descriptions concerning men. She back with one of the biggest mistakes at the moment. I used to try and make her see reason, but I finally had to realize that she's a grown woman and nothing I say will change her mind. All I can do is support her. I wish you all the best. I know first hand how hard it is to accept that your parents are not...
From looking at your lists, I say city. But it's you and your DH that have to make this decision. Good luck!