or Connect

Posts by paintedfire

Quote: Originally Posted by Daffodil I once rented a house that had the oven in a shed in the back yard instead of in the kitchen. The house was otherwise ordinary. (Well, except for the blood-red sink in the bathroom.) Hmm. Maybe the two apart wouldn't seem as creepy, but together they seriously make me wonder about who lived in this house before you did.
I've still not gained anything, but my clothes are beginning to fit . . . differently around my hips. It's not a monumental shift, but it's noticeable - to me. Let's just say elastic is my friend these days.
I'm so sorry. This whole situation with my Dad has been awful and I've been in similar situations with my Mom several times in the past (she has several chronic illnesses) so I know first-hand how hard it is to not be able to be there with the person you love. My Mom was hospitalized about a year-and-a-half ago and I was in the middle of closing statements when it happened - so there was absolutely no way I could get to her. It was probably the most nerve wracking week of...
Quote: Originally Posted by blizzard_babe That is so freakin' cool . Thank you! You're the first person not to think I'm crazy. Quote: Originally Posted by Violet2 I read novels about the bubonic plague and weird stuff like that. I read all kinds of supposedly "morbid" things like the bubonic plague, natural disasters, wars, and my biggest one of all: serial killers. The channel Investigation Discovery? Wicked...
Quote: Originally Posted by AFWife That.is.awesome. Like, walk in and the bed is unmade and there's a half empty bottle of coke in the fridge Exactly! Also, your wake-up call is never on time and all the glasses have "lipstick" on the edges (like, etched onto them or something).
Quote: Originally Posted by meemee yeah i feel the same way too. about staying overnight at the hospital. i have done that with my dad. had him move to a hospital that would allow me to stay. it really wasnt advocacy reasons though. i just couldnt bear to be away from him and him lay in a hospital all by himself. he had stomach cancer. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. s to you too. And thanks for mine. Yeah, it's only partly an...
Quote: Originally Posted by meemee i have tried all different foundations in teh world. i HATE it. i hate how it feels on my skin. like something is on it and i need to take it off. I'll say it again: tinted moisturizer. It's awesome. Trust me.
I wouldn't have a marketable skill if I hadn't gone to law school - its hard to be hired to argue without a law degree, so it was pretty much my only hope of being able to support myself. ETA: Oh, and I also would totally eat at Dicks Last Resort. Which would be even better, in my humble opinion, if it were actually a resort - messy looking (but exceptionally clean, despite someone's first glance) rooms. Super small, no extra towels, only one person at the front desk who...
More . . . I'm banned from a certain fancy hotel in Paris for . . . um, getting busy in a stalled elevator. I'm an avid fan of the Dewey Decimal system - so much so that I'm planning to organize all of my books by it - I even found a small, vintage card catalog at a flea market that I'm totally going to fix up and use as it was meant to be used. I chose academia (studying English and Economics in college) over going to Juilliard to study piano. And . . . I've only...
Quote: Originally Posted by BeckyBird That's wonderful news! And you are so sweet to offer to keep him company all night. What a great daughter He's my Dad. I stayed overnight in a different hospital with a friend on Monday after he had a heart attack, my Mom had back surgery last year and I slept in a reclining chair for three days after that, and many more. It's what I do. I'm a full believer that everyone - no matter how old they are -...