or Connect

Posts by ma2two

That is frightening and creepy.
 So you think fatal peanut allergies are a result of moms doing a better job cleaning their houses? And making their children wash up more before supper?To answer the second part of your post, to get very basic, there is Th1 and Th2 immune response. Vaccines skew the body toward Th2, which, when overactive, causes autoimmunity.
 If we do away with the vaccine, most people will obtain natural immunity to pertussis during childhood, which will most likely last decades. After their illness, they will go decades without any possibility of transmitting pertussis to others. That seems very much preferable to vaccinated people unknowingly transmitting pertussis to others for 35 days every time they are exposed.  Before the vaccine, pertussis was considered a childhood disease, not one that kept...
 It is very rare to die from pertussis. I am unaware of any deaths in people over 3 months of age. Vaccinated people unknowingly passing pertussis to others can't be the solution. I believe the current pertussis vaccine is bad for public health. It should not longer be given. If someone is sick, they need to stay away from babies. Parents should try to limit their infants' exposure to crowds and individual sick people. Parents should be aware of the beginning symptoms of...
 How can parents protect their babies from fully vaccinated nurses who are able to catch pertussis and spread it for 35 days, without symptoms?http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/baboon-study-reveals-new-shortcoming-of-pertussis-vaccine/ Vaccinated humans might not spread it the exact number of days as vaccinated baboons, but 35 days for vaccinated baboons vs. 0 days for baboons who had natural immunity most likely translates into something quite similar in humans....
 That is a very important point. Everyone needs to know that in the United States, vaccine manufacturers, and the health professionals who give vaccines, are completely protected from lawsuits related to vaccine injury and death. This has been the law since 1986.
 I'm not sure if you meant that--it might have just been worded poorly, but I would prefer autism over death from measles. However, I would of course very much prefer my child to get (and survive) measles, than develop autism. What is the risk of autism these days? I can't keep track. 1 in 50, and 1 in 34 boys? Something like that. What is the risk of dying from measles in the United States? I don't think it can even be quantified, it is so extremely low. Does anyone know...
 I realize it's one of your strong interests, but we're not really interested in discussing creationism and evolution in this forum. This is the first time I can remember it being part of any discussion. I'm sorry if this is disappointing to you, but I very much doubt creationism/evolution has had much, or actually, any part in the vast majority of parents' decision to not vaccinate, or selectively vaccinate. Perhaps it's time to drop that line of discussion and go onto...

My 2 kids are part of the 0.3 percent, and I feel that it gives us more freedom to live "normally." A normal, working immune system is a great thing to have! We do what works for us as a family, which means living in a major metropolitan area, and the kids attending school, after school activities, and summer camp.