or Connect

Posts by ma2two

Something to keep in mind if you consider the DT vaccine without pertussis is that the only DT brand available in the United States, Sanofi Pasteur, contains 0.3 mcg mercury. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM101500.pdf   Whether you get the DT or the DTaP in another country, please be extra sure that it does not come from a multi-dose vial, because then it would contain 25 mcg mercury.   You still seem more...
You said you wanted the pertussis component because of the new baby on the way, but then said you realize it is not effective against transmission. So I don't understand your reasoning.   I'm also not sure if you have weighed the benefits and risks of the tetanus component. Annually, there are only about 30 cases of tetanus in the United States, and it is extremely rare in children (most cases are in people over 40 and heroin users)....
Quote: I haven't dealt with that, but I would give them a copy of the law--probably the principal and then the district superintendent if the principal gave me any trouble. If that didn't work, I'd pay a lawyer to write a threatening letter. The law is clear and on your side, so worst case it shouldn't take more than one letter from a lawyer to get them to back down.    
PA allows for a philosophical exemption if the philosophical beliefs are a "strong moral or ethical conviction similar to a religious belief." http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/028/chapter23/s23.84.html
"15. What must a religious objection contain?  A religious objection must state that the objection to immunization is based on religious grounds.  Each objected immunization must be specified.  The objection must be in writing, signed by the child’s parent, and delivered to the school. There is no requirement of proof. The written religious objection must be resubmitted to the school each year.  16. Is there a philosophical objection allowed in Indiana?  No. ...
I wouldn't do that unless there were no legal exemption process or if I didn't think the exemption would be granted. I don't think you'd have any problem getting a religious exemption where you live.   Just to keep things simple, I've lied on camp forms where I knew they wouldn't be checking up on it and when no doctor's signature was required, but I wouldn't on school forms because that would require a fake signature and is a lie that you would have to continue and...
Quote: Please re-read my previous message. The vaccine package inserts, written by the vaccine manufacturers, and approved by the FDA, indicate that the reaction is NOT small. Print out the package inserts that I linked to in my previous post, and highlight the parts that I bolded. They are on the first page on both package inserts. This should make your battle a lot easier.   I also don't understand why your father in law has to be in the room with the pediatrician. And...
Print out that link I provided, with the quoted text highlighted. If they follow federal law, they shouldn't require any note at all. Why would your decision need to be based on religious grounds? Why do they need a waiver? A waiver implies that something is required. Immunizations are NOT required for WIC. The federal government website I linked to makes that very clear.
If they were completely secure with their decision to vaccinate, they wouldn't be abusive and hateful to people that don't. Deep down, they feel uncomfortable that they are taking the risks of vaccines and you aren't.
In your letter, do not mention ANY safety concerns about vaccines, and do not mention your child's health problems.