or Connect

Posts by LauraN

Anyone doing CVS or amnio? I'm on the fence...  
I'm pregnant with my 4th child at age 41. My others are 11, 8 and 5. When I first got the BFP, I immediately freaked out about all the "high risk" stuff having to do with my age. The more I read, the more I'm calming down and actually starting to feel excited about this baby. Is there anyone else out there in my shoes?
Laura--Nov. 15--my best guess is a girl.
I have just registered my children with Global Village and I love it!!! There are various different ways to use it--one is to simply order their curriculum guide. It is not a stand-alone curriculum, but a guide that lists tons of awesome books that jibe with their philosophy--earth friendly, peace-striving, diversity-supporting. Works quite well for my crunchy family. Their approach to homeschooling works well for unschoolers, eclectic homeschoolers, etc and they won't...
linmoten:   I am so sorry I never saw this! It seems I no longer receive notifications from this thread for some reason.   Are you here now? Is there anything I can do for you now?   If you PM me, I will definitely receive notification by email about it!   Oh, wait, did I meet you in the summer in Raha Mall at the Party Centre store??!!!
Hi Heba.   The Abu Dhabi Homeschoolers Association went through lots of drama over this proposed law. But we've concluded a few things:   1-laws get made and never enforced quite frequently around here.   2-The FNC is an advisory body, not a lawmaking one, so it's still a long road to adoption and it could get derailed at many points along the way.   3-Did you see the series of articles about this in The National? It seems at least one FNC member has...
Dude, I'm in! Do you mind if I post it on Foody Friends to see who else will do it with us? Did you start already?   I basically try to eat that way most of the time, but dairy is my big sticking point (can't live without my lattes!) and so is sugar in certain annoying forms--I can pass up dessert easily, but barbecue sauce is really, really hard for me to give up.   Anyway, given that recently I've been slipping a lot, I need a kick in the butt. So count me...
Aha! Now I now who you are   Are you on Facebook? We have a Foody Friends group there for information about organics, fermenting, and all things traditional in food prep and nutrition. Want to join? It's all Abu Dhabi women, most from the homeschool group. Now that you know my last name, and probably my e-mail address, you can friend me on FB if you like and I'll invite you to that group.   A few families may try to go to Children's Park City in Dubai in the...
Oh ljooj! I'm happy to hear you're moving to Abu Dhabi! I hope you'll consider Al Reef--we're right near the airport, only 30 mins from anywhere in Abu Dhabi and 30 mins from the border with Dubai.   We have a wonderful diverse community where children play in the street, we have regular "boot" sales--as in selling stuff out of the boot of your car--and a community forum that addresses community issues.   I'm not an agent or anything, I just want more...
Cool! Just asked to join :)