or Connect

Posts by LauraN

I'm not in your home, so I can't speak to the question about sensory issues. If your gut is telling you that she's more intense than the average 3 yr-old, then definitely talk to a doctor about it and see what you can find out.   With that said, I don't see anything in your post that is abnormal for a 3 yr-old.   To address your questions:     I've never met a 3 yr-old that can consistently clean up after themselves, or that will even try it at all. My 8 yr old will now...
  Thank you for saying this, Liquesce. I've had a queasy stomach reading this thread, remembering all the overly concerned references to this movie upon the announcement of my marriage to Lebanese DH.   I think, OP, that you came to a good decision for you. The lack of pressure from your DD's father speaks volumes for his trustworthiness. I can't imagine allowing my 3 yr-old to travel without me under any circumstance. OTOH, if my 8 yr-old DS were invited to stay with...
Your kids are so young yet! You will see in the coming years that you will start to find yourself with a bit more time on your hands. The kids will be able to homeschool with less help from you, as well as be able to care for themselves (dressing, showering, grabbing snacks) without as much hands-on time from you. When that time comes, you may start to think about following your interests a bit, picking up hobbies, taking classes or volunteering, or maybe p/t or...
Could she be getting her 2-yr molars? Has she been nursing more frequently? That might cause you to make more milk than usual, and it always makes me more tired when the frequency picks up.   But there is one way to know for sure---pee on a stick!
Welcome!!! I'm not in Montana, but you might check the "Finding your Tribe" area of the forums....
I used to live in Florida. The whole VPK thing is a little complex, but I can explain it :)   VPK stands for Voluntary Pre-K. Because many Fl schools don't have the facilities to offer Pre-K, private schools and daycares get state money to offer it. So if your school doesn't offer VPK, then you can go to any private school and sign up for it. It is only a few hours a day, though, and the schools will charge for any care beyond their VPK hours. This only holds true...
 Oh! What a relief! I'm so glad they're home and safe and you get to cuddle them again! Enjoy them!!!
 I don't belong in this forum, but I once came to this thread from the main page and have been following it since. I've been thinking about you throughout the holiday and your kids' time away from you and now am on tenterhooks hoping everything is OK. Please let us know when your children are safely home with you.
I find it unconscionable that a ped could compare breastmilk to juice and in the same breath suggest Pediasure instead!!!! The first two ingredients in Pediasure are water and sugar!!!! I would say it is WORSE than juice and is in no way better than breastmilk which has fat and bio-available nutrients! I would tell the ped you will be feeding her more nutrient-dense foods like egg yolks and avocado, and then say that until there is a real reason for concern (failure to...
Oh! In that case, check out homeschool groups in North Florida! Quite a few of those, too. I lived in FL before we moved clear across the globe :) and the requirements for homeschooling are much better there--any chance of living in FL? There, you can join an "umbrella school" and the requirement is only quarterly attendance reports. Even if you don't join an umbrella school and go the straight homeschooling route, you can choose either standardized tests or an annual...