or Connect

Posts by LHcj2008

DS will be 3 yo in 3 months and we are struggling to get him to STTN in his own bed. We have always coslept with him and when DD was born 6 months ago my husband slept with him on a makeshift bed next to DS and I slept with baby in the bed.   But, at this point with 2 little ones, DH and I are finding we have NO time to ourselves (no time during day for intimacy or for deeper conversation even). I miss sleeping with DH. It is frustrating b/c DS is very capable of STTN-...
I actually came here to post about the same thing- my DS (who will be 3 at Christmas) has raging tantrums and has generally been a high-maintenance child from birth.  It's funny, because he is an extremely happy, well-adjusted, charismatic and well-liked child in our neighborhood.  He does amazingly well out of the house and with others- at home he is a challenge.  Lately he has been pushing me to my limits- not only do we deal with the daily "I want this, I want that, I...
Wow, I've been away from this thread for a bit and I really appreciate all of your replies.   Crayfish, you nailed it right on the head. That is exactly how I feel-- with the little time I have, why bother putting in effort and money into something temporary when in a few years I can do the big haul and make it just what I want?  But yes, it has created utter chaos everywhere and I have no idea how to recover since it is nearly impossible enough to feed, clothe, and...
Not a drop side crib- it was bought less than 3 years ago. Not used much.    Actually, we used the pack and play quite a bit with my 1st son- not so much past his early infancy until I went back to work full-time and he stayed at a sitter's and had his nap there (from about 21 mos. until 27 mos. or so). The thing I do like about a pack n play is the portability feature...nice for traveling, or staying at family's homes, etc. Even if it isn't as comfortable as a...
I have a 2.5 year old son and a 3 month old daughter. DS ended up cosleeping with us from birth and is still sleeping with DH in the basement while I'm in the big bed in master bedroom with DD. Aside from our bedroom, we have one very, very small bedroom upstairs where we plan to put both kids (right now it is son's room, even though he doesn't really sleep there). In order to do that, DH is going to make a low-profile bunk bed for the two, and we will probably end up...
Our "new" home is, in reality, an 80 year-old 1500 sq ft. townhome in a lovely historic community that was NOT cared for by its previous owners. But it's our first home and, when we bought it, we planned to pretty much renovate the whole things ourselves to make it what we wanted. We moved in when DS was 8 months, my husband packed us up as I was watching DS who is and always has been HYPER, and DH did not get rid of anything/did not organize anything and basically just...
I'm debating buying one, but am not a super experienced babywearer (just have used the Moby and the Ergo with 1st child).  I have a 2 month old and am very interested in the option of back-wearing, especially with a newborn which I didn't think was possible! But I have a few concerns, especially since the Didymos is $$$.   So far I use the Moby multiple times a day with my newborn but she catnaps so it is a constant in-and-out. However, I love the thought of her...
Sageowl, your post cracked me up- you pretty much summed up everything we've been dealing with!   Well, things have gotten better. DS uses the potty independently and accidents are far and few between, and he seems to be able to hold it for a lot longer and I'm less nervous. All in all, it makes for happier times in the restroom.    I've also had my son pee in the bushes at the playground once. He found it extremely intriguing...I guess it went against everything...
My 2.5 year old is an all-day grazer. This maybe wouldn't bother me if he had several healthy snacks throughout the day in addition to eating substantial food, but more often than not, he will have a few bites (on a good night) of the healthy homemade meal I prepared...and then is asking for something to eat 10 min. later..cereal, crackers, etc. This is the pattern for most meals, but dinner is especially the problem. I'm wondering how to improve this so that he can get...
Thanks everyone for your replies!   We do have a car potty, but on most of our outings, we walk (we live in a pretty walkable neighborhood).  We walk to playgrounds/parks, the library, restaurants, stores, etc. So that is where we've been using the public restrooms; initially, I did lug the little potty with me, but when he became better at using the potty, I've stopped bringing it along, mainly because newborn baby doesn't tolerate the stroller for long, so I can...