or Connect

Posts by LHcj2008

I have the B-Ready and LOVE. IT. I have a 2.5 year-old who still loves stroller rides (though I have to strap him in, ha) and an 8 week-old. I've been using the B-Ready with the car seat adapters, though you can use a second seat for a newborn, too and you can recline it the whole way back...I just haven't wanted to mess with it yet since the car seat stays by our front door.    I bought the Britax when pregnant with my 2nd for this purpose, also because we had a...
I'm running into an issue with my 2.5 year-old who is fairly well potty-trained. When out of the house, I usually have my 8 week-old in the Moby wrap (when awake, she doesn't tolerate the stroller long).   My toddler will need to use the potty, and then I find myself managing that, i.e., lifting him up, cleaning him up, etc (and he is a boy, so sometimes he will pee out and onto the waistband of his underpants/pants) with my newborn in the wrap...not such a huge...
Thanks for your suggestions!   I do agree that the timing wording is meaningless to a young toddler but didn't know of a better alternative...I like your concrete wording, which I've tried to a lesser extent (one more time on the slide and we go)...I'll try to use that full-time from now on.  I also like the concept of making the wording different and "fun". I think that no matter what, DS gets to the point of no return at the playground because he LOVES to be...
I realize these behaviors are developmentally appropriate, but what I've tried to do lately hasn't been working too well, and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for me.   1) the concept of NOW: Everything for DS (who will be 2.5 in July) is NOW. He demands things all day, and if I say just a minute, or yes, we can do that after this, his response is "No...NOW".  He is quite persistant with it too. I don't try to bargain or reason with him, so what I usually do...
Thanks for your response. I guess the phrase "everything is a struggle" is a slight exaggeration, because we do allow him to have some choices, like you suggested, in order to give him some sense of power...but ultimately, even with choices, we often find ourselves struggling to manage a situation in the end.  So the struggle is still the majority of the day.  For ex: just this morning at breakfast, I asked him what he wanted to eat (we usually do this to give him the...
My 2 year old's been hard to manage inside the home for forever now (out of the house he's a dream), but now that our new baby, who is 2 weeks today, came along, his behaviors are through the roof.   I've read the books and the stuff online about "what to do" when it comes to positive/gentle discipline, but it is so hard to actually apply these theories correctly when you have a newborn strapped to your chest who you have to nurse 24/7 and who also has...
  Well, I wasn't partial to a water birth, and considering I was in our bath tub (not a birthing tub), my thoughts are that our bathroom is teeny and our tub is not huge, so I'm not sure how the birth assistant, midwife, and myself would have had to maneuver in order to be in an ideal position for delivery.  On the bed, I was able to be on all 4s with the assistant monitoring the baby's heartbeat and the midwife delivering the baby; then she had me move to right...
I'm not sure where to post this but considering many of you may be able to relate to having just given birth/about to give birth, I thought I'd ask here.   My mom left town for 2 days the day my baby was born.  I've been very hurt by this but considering I am 4 days postpartum and my emotions are a bit fragile, I'm trying to work through my feelings and thought I'd ask whether I'm being rational about this.   Now, to be fair, I don't expect her to totally clear...
What a whirlwind!  I was supposed to go to my last day of work on Friday but didn't make it and missed my own baby shower at work.     I got home Thursday, cleaned, cooked, and in the middle of all of that starting getting lots of cramping and what felt like very mild contractions...but I didn't believe it was anything.  It kept up so I called the midwife on-call and described what I was feeling just in case, but said it was probably nothing.  She told me to see if I...
Thanks everyone!  I think I just needed to settle it in my mind with some outside feedback so that I could make a final decision and move on.  We'll go with Elena Lucia :)  We even have my 2 year-old saying it now even though we're not announcing her name IRL until after she's born.  It is funny how first names can be decided upon quickly but middle names can be the challenging ones...