or Connect

Posts by LHcj2008

Thanks everyone. I'm better now. Just had a moment there. My LO finally fell asleep and stayed asleep for about 1.5 hours, after which my DH came home from work and I could pass him to my husband...then he woke up, nursed again, and fell right back to sleep (thankfully) and has been asleep ever since.   The other thing that is frustrating is that even when he is asleep he turns his body so that his cheek is up against my boob (usually the left one, ha), so he twists...
I am at my wit's end as I write this. My son is 6 weeks old today, and while he has needed to nurse 24/7 since he was 3 weeks old (I kid you not), now suddenly it is taking him HOURS to fall to sleep during the day, and then he wakes right back up after 10 min. I have been nursing him since 10:30ish am, it is 2:20 pm, he has successfully fallen asleep 3x at the breast, only to wake up within minutes and he is still awake (nursing again) as I write this. I know he is a...
I totally understand how you feel and I think I have you beat. I almost posted a thread myself when this happened because I was so traumatized- the other day, I was in the bathtub with my 5 week old. He doesn't like bathtubs in his Puj Tub in the sink so much, but he loves to get in a fairly shallow, warm tub with me and lets me hold him on his back and swish him around in the water.   Well, I had him lying on his back on my thighs and I went to change positions,...
Wow, so many responses to respond to! I am typing with one hand...bet you all can guess why!   First off, I agree that nursing is more than hunger for newborns, especially for my baby. I know and also believe it is a big source of comfort & security, which is why I said he is a huge comfort nurser. I don't really mind giving him the breast whenever he cries after we have changed his diaper & all that.   That being said, as much as he would prefer to nurse for...
Thank you so much for your support! I love this website. As a first-time mom, I've been surprised by how difficult it has been to hear my baby cry for more than a few minutes (even that amount is hard). He has this cry that can build up and then there is this point where he opens his mouth and nothing comes out for a minute or two b/c he is bracing for a huge squealing wail...it breaks my heart.   As I'm writing this, my baby is doing just that with my DH in his...
For instance, just now, after 30 min of my husband shushing and rocking our baby while he fought sleep, I couldn't take it anymore and had DH give him to me so I could nurse him. He nursed for 30 min, fell into what sleeped like a deep sleep at my breast, so I moved him to my chest, and within 3 min. he was awake and crying to nurse/rooting again. Sigh.
My son is 5 1/2 weeks old and is a HUGE comfort nurser. To the point where, if he is awake, he is pretty much nursing, or fussing/crying b/c he wants to nurse. This happened today even after my husband gave him quite a large bottle of breastmilk (~4 oz) while I took my first trip out of the house alone in 5 weeks (!). When I came home after he had had the bottle and he saw me, he started smacking his lips together...sigh. So I don't think it is that he is still hungry,...
I have seen little glimpses here and there with DH but it is hard to tell whether they are the start of a crying face. Then today he gave my mom a huge smile. It was brief, but I saw it. Of course he started getting his cranky face 30 seconds later...   No smiles yet for me! I think I'm just a pair of boobs to him.
My 5 week-old seems to nurse, sleep, fuss, nurse some more, poop, nurse some more, and fuss (I'm sure this is what every newborn does). He does spend a little bit of time during the day where he will stare contently at me or around the room, but this is just for about 5 minutes tops each time before he will start to fuss again. I am dying for a little smile! He is my first so I'm not sure when this is supposed to happen. Each time I try to encourage one, I think I'm...
Well, this morning I pumped on one side after my baby had nursed on the other. I was able to pump about 2 oz. from one side, and then pumped an additional .75 oz from the other. So that was some improvement.   I must admit, this pumping thing has me overanalyzing my BFing experience. All this time I thought I had an oversupply issue b/c my baby had green poop, would scream and pull back while nursing, I leak constantly, have multiple let-downs a feeding, etc. etc.,...