or Connect

Posts by LHcj2008

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. My dad and I have a pretty good relationship and everything but I am just terrified to officially break the news to him (even though I think he's figured it out). My dad is a super smart, extremely well-read guy who has typically been my point person for any information I want to know. Except, within this past year or so (I'm 28), I've really gained this confident grasp on who I am, what I want, and I've realized that I don't trust so...
I am registering at Amazon...they have EVERYTHING. But I am finding that I'm buying mostly the Flip diapers from Cotton Babies anyway b/c they don't sell them directly on Amazon (they do sell GroVia though, which are the other diapers I'm buying)..and I'm just going to put a ton of the inserts on my registry. The great thing about Amazon is that they have this universal button where you can add anything from anywhere to your registry. It does make things a bit more...
So I have my registry complete but am constantly playing with it as I learn more and more and read others' recommendations of things. Because this is my first baby I'm registering for a lot but I really do think it necessary (and the things that aren't absolute necessities I feel are just really useful to have). But, I've learned a lot from all of you on here so I thought I should ask before my shower in 2 months- what baby products (brand names included if possible) have...
I'm due with my baby boy in late December, so I'm doing this a bit early, but I'd like to start looking into pediatricians here and there now while I have the time. I'm interested in finding a pediatrician in Northern VA in/around Falls Church, Arlington, or Alexandria (we currently live in Arlington) who is willing to do an alternative vaccination schedule. Note: We do plan to vaccinate our child, but I just have doubts about doing several of them all at once and would...
Climbergirl, I'm the one moving to NOVA (close enough!) and may be seeing Joey Pascarella (have you seen her yet? If so, what do you think?) AND you and I are both due on the same day! I will do a little research on the hypnobirthing stuff- though I may be interested in checking out what resources you have before I buy anything. Thanks for the offer! I will let you know.
Owlet, I have that exact yoga DVD and think it's great! If you feel like it would be just as beneficial for me to continue doing yoga at home over a class, then maybe I will prioritize a midwife-recommended childbirth class over yoga. We'll see which one she suggests. I've had very mixed opinions on the Bradley class. Some love it, some find it unhelpful, and I anticipate I might fall in that latter category. I've read a lot already and just don't know how "new" the...
Yeah, we've been a little freaked out over all of the financial changes coming about, otherwise I would probably take a class without a question. But I'm trying to prioritize, and I've been reading The Big Book of Birth by Erica Lyon which is all about...birth, and the process, different stages, and techniques/positions to use. I took an early pregnancy class given by her here in NY and she talked a lot about birth in that class, too. I really like the book so far and I've...
Especially for a first-timer like me? I'm moving to a new state on Sat. and will be planning a homebirth. I don't imagine that a lot of it will be covered by insurance, not to mention my husbands insurance at his new job won't kick in until October. We will also be paying for a portion of our insurance, unlike our free insurance plans included in our most recent jobs (which covered 100% of my prenatal care here). We will be moving into a place that will cost us $500...
I'm 17+4 wks and lately have no energy or desire to do much of anything. I thought the 2nd trimester would bring an increase of energy, which it did at first, but these past 2 wkd I've barely left the house. And I don't like being this lazy. My husband and I are in education so we have summers off, which means I have most days free and unstructured. I can also blame my issue on the neverending heat wave and humidity outside, my pregnancy acne which makes me not want to...
So of course, now that I'm 16+3 weeks pregnant, I'm getting my libido back and lo and behold, sex hurt so much that my husband and I had to stop. It feels like his penis has a pointy end to it (which it doesn't, lol). Is painful sex during pregnancy normal? I had a Pap and vag exam done by my midwife a month or so ago, along with the blood test that rules out STDs. Everything came back normal and always has been in the vagina department. Needless to say, I'm feeling a...