or Connect

Posts by LHcj2008

I had similar concerns about 5 months ago, and it wasn't until I cut back on DS's night-nursing and started putting raw Maca in a smoothie a few times a week that I got my period back. Then, I got pregnant a month later and here I am. It could be completely coincidental, and like everyone said, it is so individual. Just thought I'd throw the Maca idea out there in case you want to look into it.   To nightwean, it took several months, primarly because I didn't force...
My milk seems to have officially dried up this past week. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and DS is almost 22 months. I've been trying to decide whether to wean him for a while. He has always been an incredibly demanding nurser and I wasn't sure how I could keep up with a newborn baby. When my milk started to go this month, and with some pushes from my end, DS was at a point where he was nursing 2-3 x in a 24 hour period and he seemed content with that, and I was much happier with...
Thanks everyone for your replies. Things have gotten a bit better in this area, I think because my hunger decreased a ton and I don't feel this desperation anymore to just wolf down whatever I can find. I found that making egg muffins on Sunday has helped for the week- just chopping up some leftover veggies like broccoli and cauliflower really finely, mixing up about 14 eggs with some spices and grated cheese, and pouring it into muffin tins and baking them...then I have...
I'm 12.5 weeks along with my 2nd and I am having SO much trouble this time around eating healthily.  Not at all because of junk cravings or food aversions, but because of lack of time and healthy options around me that I can get to within a pinch. I am so hungry lately and it's difficult to have enough packed to take to work for the full day (I work FTOH)...I swear, I need a cooler or something to hold everything I would ultimately eat. I just don't have the time and...
I am nursing my 20 month old while pregnant and have some rough days lately. It really helps that I work FT and he's away from the boobs! The weekends are tougher. Mostly the worst phases are when DS is getting teeth and he wants to nurse constantly and pitches a royal fit if I don't let him nurse all day and night long. Lately he's been a bit better. It still hurts to nurse but not as much as it did last month! He will not drink milk from a sippy (only from a bottle,...
With 1st baby this is what I found I needed, and what I didn't:   NEEDED, or USED A LOT   - stretchy wrap like the Moby (mine was the Sleepy Wrap) - Ergo with infant insert - baby bunting/snowsuit for winter baby (we called ours The Magic Snowsuit b/c when we would put DS in it and then take him for a walk outside Ergo, he would stop crying instantaneously and fall asleep!) - pack-n-play with bassinet next to our bed for the start of the evening and for...
I am very conflicted about weaning my DS who is 20 months. I've had a love-hate relationship with our nursing since he was born; he has always been a demanding nurser. Due to situational reasons (me working FTOH, putting limits on it, etc) he has tapered off quite a bit over time, but it has not been on his own will. He still nurses probably 6-8 times a day.   I am 10 weeks pregnant and have already nursed through what was hopefully the worst of the pain, and I'm...
I'm due April 1st, so am right on the cusp of March/April. But I'm still only approaching 10 weeks, and I swear, I keep thinking I'm feeling movement already. Tiny, almost unnoticeable tapping (I did feel a little flutter once but it was more noticeable so could have been gas or something).   Logic tells me it is absolutely impossible for me to be feeling movement, but I remember with DS1 feeling a tiny tap every time I sneezed when I was around 18 weeks or something...
Pickle18, I think you really described exactly how I feel. Not "expecting" to be accommodated, not feeling entitled or wanting my cake and eating it too, as others have put it, but feeling that this situation is a culmination of many, many years of similar frustrations; being the one to always accommodate her, but not getting the willingness from her to do so in return, and getting excuses.  It's not really the specific childcare issue, as you said. Thank you for helping...
deleted.