or Connect

Posts by LHcj2008

Thank you so much for such a detailed response. It's been about a week now where I've had limited to no nausea, so I'm so much happier. I guess it was a fluctuation in hormones. I've also been breaking out a bit more than usual so I suppose things are just rearranging themselves, hormonally-speaking.   I've never informed myself on charting/natural family planning but am starting to really get into it and find it fascinating. However, I am unsure as to when to start...
The puffs I'm talking about are these organic ones that are basically puffed rice and oats with a little apple juice to sweeten them a bit. Pretty much an equivalent to Cheerios, but they dissolve really quickly in babies' mouths so they don't have to gum them down forever. I bought them for him around the time he started wanting to only feed himself finger-foods, and they really helped to develop his pincer grasp (he has an awesome one now). So they have their benefits...
My 10 mo. DS seems less and less interested in solids instead of the other way around. He seems to be going through different phases involving solids: when we started him at 6 mos., he ate a TON of whatever it was that I was giving him (chunky purees). We're talking half an avocado, 3/4 of a banana, etc., that he would eat in a sitting. Then somewhere around 8 mos, he decided he was done being spoon-fed and would only eat finger foods that he could feed to...
I'd say for 3 full weeks now I've been feeling nausea on and off pretty much the entire day, every day w/o fail, along with feeling really hot and headache-y (it gets worse after I eat).  I've had some cramping and one day it was particularly noticeable but overall I just sort of feel...sick. I can't concentrate and am close to laying my head down at work on most days.   I am still breastfeeding my soon-to-be 10 month old but went back to work full-time recently so...
Thanks for your reply. I'm having a hard time with this because for the last week especially I've been nauseous sometimes for several hours straight. I don't think I've ever had nausea during PMS. I don't even think I had this much nausea when I was pregnant with DS. So if it is AF's return she better hurry up because I can't even do my work. It's been over 2 weeks of this and nothing yet...that is why I was starting to worry about pregnancy.
I've been feeling really nauseous, dizzy and have had slight headaches off and on every day now for about 2 weeks. I don't really have any breast tenderness that I've noticed but I have felt crampy here and there. Generally I just feel weird, but (back before I was pregnant) I never felt nauseous when I was about to get my period, and that's my main symptom. Sometimes I really feel like puking and need to lay my head down.   Throughout my BFing experience, I would...
Thank you for your replies. I may be jumping the gun, but my concern is that I WILL have to pump while at work, despite his age. He is nowhere close to being able to go the day without milk if I'm not there and just rely on solid food. Maybe this will change in the next 2.5 months, but it will shock me if he suddenly can do that before he is 1 years old. Right now he has decided that he will not eat solids unless he can feed himself, which is great, but I am at a bit of...
For what's it worth, I stressed about this same issue when I was pregnant and never ended up really using the nursing bras I bought. I would maybe have a cheap, comfortable one on-hand for the first week or two after your baby is born. But I LIVED in my nursing tanks (still do, and my son is over 9 months old). Most of the nursing bras I bought just never really fit me quite right. Throughout the early months of BFing, I found that my body/boob size just changed so much...
My DS is 9 +1 months and I went back to work full-time 6 weeks ago. I pump 2-3x at work and usually take home anywhere from 10-13 ounces for him for the next day while I'm away. Typically he will drink that; sometimes he will need a bit more from my freezer stash, or sometimes there is an ounce or two leftover. When I am home, he typically nurses every 1.5-2 hours during the day; he will usually wake 2x a night to nurse (and more often in the hour before he wakes up for...
I would love some advice on how to keep things safer for my DS. He is recently 9 mos and is close to walking, but on top of that, he is into EVERYTHING. He needs to be climbing all day long. As of now, when we're home and he's playing, we have just been following his every move, but that is growing exhausting really fast.   Our house is mainly hardwood with two staircases (one carpeted). I've been considering baby gates, but my fear is that he will a) try to climb...