or Connect

Posts by LHcj2008

My 8 month old is all. over. the place. I'm exhausted. He is not walking yet but he thinks he can run. I imagine this is probably normal for a lot of baby boys his age, but I swear, the days that I work are 100x more restful than my weekends! He likes to climb the stairs, he pulls himself up onto furniture and jumps in place because he wants to haul himself over it, etc. We haven't baby-proofed much, a) because one of us is always with him, and b) any baby-gate or...
That. I have been a SAHM for 7 full months now.  I just got a job offer and may be going back anywhere in the next two weeks but will definitely be back a month from now, full-time. I have very little milk saved up in my freezer (maybe 20 ounces?) and it is very difficult for me to pump in between feedings, since my LO still eats so often (it takes effort to get him to go even 2 hours w/o wanting to nurse, unless we are out of the house and he is distracted). Within an...
Well it seems DS is cutting a tooth so that could explain at some of the issue. We had a 4 month sleep regression but it pales in comparison to this 6 month one we are dealing with! I'm blaming it on the teething...   Trying to space out the feedings a bit does seem to help, though I've lost track the last day or so because I've been super busy and haven't really been able to keep my eye on the clock much (or remember much if I do, for that matter). DS is still...
Oh my goodness, yes! I meant an ounce a day. Oops. Sorry for the confusion...I'm so used to counting by weeks for his age and so forth.   I was concerned lately about his weight gain since he has always been so small, so I tallied it up day by day from his birthday until recently and, as I mentioned, he was gaining exactly an ounce a day it seemed until it tapered off somewhere in the last month or two.   What I've been trying to do since I've posted is to tank him up...
Thank you for your replies- you have given me some great suggestions!   I think a lot of what is happening is probably my fault, unfortunately. Since my DS was born, I just haven't been able to bear to hear him cry or fuss, so I would offer the breast pretty much every time he was upset, unless it was obvious that he needed something else (diaper change, to be held, etc.) As a result, he has never really cried much at all since he's been born, until now, and the...
I just had a good sob and feel a little better but I am really losing it here. My almost 6.5 month old still nurses nearly every hour. We introduced solids 3 weeks ago, and he likes everything so far and is putting down several ounces of food a day on top of the nursing. He is a tiny baby, 15 lbs, and he has always been a comfort nurser- I've nursed him every hour (sometimes more often) since he has been born. I was expecting it to let up as he's gotten older, and it was...
For those of you who have nursed your babies to sleep for naps and at night, did they just outgrow it with age, or did you have to use some type of technique to wean them off of that method so that they could learn how to put themselves to sleep?   I've found that the no-fail way to get my son to sleep in a painless (no tears) way is to nurse him while walking with him and singing/humming. He is able to fall asleep when we're out in public in the stroller or in the...
Wow, when I saw this thread I had to respond because my son hates his carseat too, and he's almost 6 months. Actually, what I've noticed is that he doesn't hate his car SEAT necessarily, but hates the car seat and moving car combination.  When he is exhausted, he will sleep in the car, and if I put him in the car seat, he will play in it fairly happily for about 10 minutes. Then the whining starts. I did put some plasticky light-up rattling frog thing that attached to...
My son hasn't had any bothersome gas for a few months now (other than the occasional one here and there ;) ) so I don't imagine that that is what is bothering him. The only thing it seems like it may be is teething, but how long does this go on for when nothing is cutting through?
He is 5 mos. and one week and is typically the happiest little guy. This week, I kid you not, every single day and pretty much every single minute he has whimpered and whined. He doesn't usually cry (thankfully) but he has a high-pitched whimper that he pulls out when he's upset/frustrated. This week it has been CONSTANT. I am about to lose it!   He has been trying to crawl for a month now and hasn't figured it out yet.  I can't keep him on his back- he flips over...