or Connect

Posts by fivegrandbaby

Handerson - Cycle day 1 is the day you first would saturate a tampon.  That's how my RE explains it.  The first day of full flow.  I've been spotting on and off for a week, but today is my day one.
Congrats Sara!   Happy birthday to DesertSunsets!  I got my period for my birthday!  What did you get?!    (I do feel MUCH better than I did earlier in the week.  I really think the hormone drop is what was killing me mostly.  It's good to start to get leveled off.)   gelly - I'm so jealous your insurance pays for IVF.  We have paid out of pocket for everything.  Oof.  
cananny - I have been there.  DP and I have been there.  It's so hard.  I wish you and your partner the best.  We took a break last year of four months, went to Hawaii (which we could NOT afford) and got pregnant the first cycle back.  The time away did us good, as hard as it was to take it.  I'm heartbroken at the thought of taking another break, but I know it will do us good.  It's just so hard.  Hang in there.   gelly - How long have you been doing IVF?  What is...
ad astra - That's incredible!  Take it one day at a time and enjoy every minute.  You know your docs will be all over you after what happened last time, so just trust that they know what they're doing, they'll be on the lookout for anything weird, and if anything, they'll get that screaming kid out of you just a couple weeks before you're ready for her/him!!  What a great mother's day gift.     smilingsara - thanks for the kind words.  We're doing IVF and I stopped...
ad astra - That's great news!  My first beta was only 27 or 29 when I was pregnant (and to be clear, my miscarriage was a freak thing at 12 weeks, not due to anything wrong with the baby - it was a strong pregnancy).  Congrats!   gelly - Sorry about the BFN.  I saw you asking someone about egg quality - my doctor gave me HGH this last cycle to help improve my egg quality.  The quality did improve greatly but he's more convinced it's the lack of the cyst that had been...
BFN for me.  Gelly, I hope you have better news tomorrow.
DesertSunsets - we share a birthday!!     Beta this morning.  Gah.  I hate beta days.  I should know by 3:00 california time.  
Library - I guess I should clarify - my niece slept through the night for maybe 6-7 weeks or so of the 5 months we had her.  She no longer does it - she just turned 1.  My sister and I have sort of a casual arrangement where DP and I take the baby almost every weekend - we're kind of like the divorced Dad in the situation.  Anyhoo - she rarely sleeps through the night.  And when she went home to my sister, they didn't "sleep train" her or anything.  She was REALLY bad...
AmandaHope - I never come in here anymore but randomly popped my head in today.  When we were fostering my niece, she was going through methadone withdrawal and was very very fussy.  The swaddle helped us SO much. I can't emphasize enough how much the book "The Happiest Baby on the Block" helped us.  I highly recommend it.  We were lucky to have it from day one, and as soon as she got out of the needing-to-eat-every-3-hours stage, she started sleeping through the night -...
Just wanted to share my latest hilarity on our TTC journey -    Last night, I prepped the estradiol shot (I'm on .3mL) and DP gave it to me.  She then prepped the prog shot (1.5 mL) and gave it to me... only to realize upon going back into the bathroom that she gave me 1.5 mL of ESTRADIOL, not progesterone.  So I got 6x the necessary dose of estradiol...and I'm only on it every three days to begin with, so it's almost a month's worth in one shot.  We freaked out,...