or Connect

Posts by gotmilkmama

Thanks for the sweet comments ladies!! Any others mamas with a cute/funny twin nursing comment? I am glad my ds is experiencing our (me and the girls) nursing relationship. He was 13.5 mos when he weaned so I feel that he doesn't remember although I know the benefits will last his lifetime. If he has had it with his sisters he will order them "Just go nurse now sissys". And he is really good at playing referee when one dd is trying to hoard both sides.
OHHH Denise!!! This bring backs memories!!! None of my kids were able to sleep on their own. They could be anywhere from drowsy to drop dead tired and the second I'd lay them down their "Mommy isn't holding me anymore" alarm went off. And I am not talking about a little fussing. I'm talking about bloody murder screaming till they were picked up again. With that said co-sleeping is the ONLY thing that let me and dh get a few - literally few winks of sleep. The bed...
I use the Nat Fam Plan method - except there is really no planning about it for me. I mark on a calendar when I've started (if I remember). No temp taking or anything. Basically I listen to my body and can usually ( ) tell when ovulating. And at that time we do the (hope this isn't too crude) pull out and pray method. Except for when I conceived my twins. We WERE trying to get pregnant at that time (little did we know it was gonna be 2!). But really with having...
When someone asks if I would mind if they hold one of my babies and I find myself throwing them in their lap! pre-separation anxiety of course Quote: Originally Posted by bananahands When you see something you want on the floor and without hesitation pick it up with your toes. This cracks me up!!! Kammytwins - SO TRUE!!! I swear I hear crying babies EVERYWHERE!!! And my first thought is to whip out my breast for whoever it is!!!
Are you not able to nurse both at the same time? I hear your predicament!! I always have to nurse at the same time. My girls would never go for just one getting nursed. If you can't nurse simutaneaously can you at least hold the other one on your lap while the one nurses? Maybe just being held by you will be enough??
I just had to share something with you mult. nursing mamas. My MZ girls are 18 mos old now and nursing strong. When Josie wants to nurse she says "Nur". And when Lena wants to she says "Urse". They literally are finishing each others sentences like so many twins say they do. LOL! They make me smile everyday!
Sending big hugs your way Lindsay!!! My ds was a little under 18 mos when my girls came into this world. I didn't have much help...at all!! When dh went back to work after just a week home I was scared to death!!! I had no clue how I was going to do it. I went from barely letting my ds cry a peep as a single child to now having to let one of the girls cry their little heart out while they had to wait for me. I guess I got used to it. Not sure if the neighbors did! ...
Hi Denise!! Welcome!! I have an almost 3 yo old ds (bday after xmas) and 17 mos mz twin girls. That is great you are bf'ing your babes!! Mine are still avid bf'ers!! The girls that is. Ds self weaned when I was 4 1/2 mos prego with the girls. We co-sleep with ds but not so much with the girls anymore. I think having each other to sleep with in their room makes a difference. For us anyway. But up until they were about 12 mos they slept on each side on me. I...
Hey Lindsay! Congratulations!! What a shock huh? Too say the least!! I have twin girls too. My son was not quite 18 mos when the girls were born. So we are in similar boats. Hard to imagine 3 so close huh? But yes as a poster said 2 placentas can defintely be EITHER id or frat. I am always amazed at the amount of moms who said their doctor told them it was frat because there are 2 placentas. It irritates me that a doctor gives out that kind of wrong information!!...
Oh Lex I can see why the double yok and your sons comment could make you have crazy thoughts!!! I am not superstitious either but man some things just make ya think huh?? But I guess that is just it - the thinking. All the thinking thinking thinking can make you nuts!! I hear ya about having twins on the brain though. I swear right now if I were to get preg I would have twins. I don't know what it is but I FEEL like my body is telling me something! I am not...