or Connect

Posts by SunshineH

I appreciate the places to start looking.  I also checked out my local library and found a few.
We turned our 7 passenger minivan into a 8 passenger 3 years ago when our twins were born.  3 years with no car payments and we all still have a seatbelt.  This is what we did:   It's a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country that has captain seats and a split back bench.  We moved the split back bench to the front, so that the seat would flip down to allow better access to the back.  The dealership helped us figure out what year/model seats would fit our van.  We went to the...
I searched this forum and didn't see this discussed recently.  Does anyone have any resources for free online workout videos and such?   Thank you!
I had 2 pack-n-plays (they shared one until they started kicking each other in the head and waking each other up.)  Then cribs, and sharing rooms with their siblings eventually.  We only had 1 swing and 1 bumbo.  2 'seats' - bouncy seats, I guess you could call them.  Double stroller and carrier - when I took 2 year old big brother somewhere he could ride too and I'd carry one.  I borrowed an exersaucer to have 2; sometimes I just needed them to stay put while I prepared...
Hope everything goes well!   Just a quick thing on carseats - it can be tough to fit 3 across.  We have 1 Sunshine Kids Radian - it's a 5 point convertible and is very skinny.  Wish I would've bought 2 instead of the Graco with the huge cupholders...    
I don't have any really good advice, because this is still a struggle at our house.  Sounds like you have made some progress. :)  Things are easier than they were.  Some things you just don't get to like before.  Hang in there!
Mine are 3 in a few weeks.  Some things are better, some things not.  What's better:  they communicate so well.  They sleep all night.  They play really well together.  I love to watch them help each other.  They can walk from the car and to the car (not always reliably, but I don't have to carry them anymore.)  They like to play outside in the snow this year.  They like books and coloring. The nots: they climb out of the stroller which I relied on a lot to get...
1. Induction - I went in at 38 weeks for one.  Turns out I was already dialated to a 7, so they broke baby A's water and that was it - away we went.  In retrospect, I wonder how fast everything would have gone, and when.  That day?  2 days later?  My previous 2 singletons were fast, unmedicated labors, and part of me felt out of control during them despite my awesome midwives in the hospital.  I've since read a lot more, and now I look back and wonder.   2.  I did...
Peg Perego's Aria is a side by side double that folds up small, but I found it hard to push with bigger twins in it.  We use 2 Maclaren Triumphs sometimes (our twins are almost 3), and they are wonderful.  A friend has a double Maclaren, and I'd definitely second the recommendation for that Twin Triumph.
I'm not sure how much we spend on bags, but we have 3 school children.  I would guess $10 or so per year - I'm not brand loyal and we try to use reusable items for packing snacks and lunch when we can.  These reusable bags look nice and using the dishwasher to clean them would be a nice option.