or Connect

Posts by danamichele

Ugh, I have the same problem-- and I'm petite!  Petite maternity clothes I don't hate are hard to come by.  I wore clothes I hated my entire last pregnancy (almost all pink), and I refuse to do so again.  I want to feel better about myself than that.  So I'm on the lookout for some decent clothes, which will probably require another trip into the big city an hour away.  Even though it's pricier, they have stuff there I can try one and I actually like and feel good in. ...
My mom told me the same thing, but our expert lactation consultant recommended against it.  It's the stretching of the nipples that causes that initial discomfort anyway, which is something rubbing won't prepare you for.  I agree that breastfeeding gone awry is a totally different story.  I'd highly recommend that any pregnant woman line up a good lactation consultant and/or take a class before the baby comes!    As for bra sizes, I got softer, stretchier bras that...
Haha, Conchobhar!  My daughter thinks it's a hippopotamus!
I'm so, so sorry. ((Hugs))   I also had a miscarriage out of the blue earlier this year.  It was a difficult time.  Take good care of yourself, mama.
I'm exhausted, too.  I'm 14 weeks and still have to take a nap when my daughter naps.  I usually take longer to fall asleep, so when she wakes up I'm still so tired I can barely breathe.  At least with a toddler I can't give into the laziness, like I did when I was pregnant with her.  I think being more active does help a bit, until you hit the wall.  :/
I definitely want to wean my daughter before the baby comes due to her temperament.  She will be 3 in October, and that's my loose goal date for weaning.  We're down to nursing just (1) to fall asleep at nap time if we're home that day, and (2) before bed, but she falls asleep on her own afterward.  I'm not sure how I'm going to smoothly get over the next weaning hurdles.  The other day I almost left her room without nursing, but then she caught me and asked and I did. ...
I would be happy with either sex, but I must admit that I'm really hoping it's a girl.  (My daughter would LOVE a sister and has several imaginary ones already.)  I have, however, found myself thinking of it as a boy.  Maybe that's my way of protecting myself from getting too attached to one idea?  We're going to find out at the ultrasound if we can, which is scheduled for August 9th.  I can't wait!
I'm 14 weeks today and finally starting to feel so much better!  My food aversions are decreasing and my morning sickness is decreasing.  I'm relieved that fresh, homemade food sounds good again!  I'm still napping when my toddler naps though.  I can definitely identify with feeling out of shape, and even though this is just my second, my belly is already getting in the way.  We went to Mt. Rainier National Park last week and enjoyed going on (very short and flat) hikes,...
Yay!!!  How exciting!  Congratulations, Kindermama!   I've been feeling a lot of squirming around (I'm 14 weeks tomorrow).  Already this seems to be a really active baby.  This was confirmed at my last appointment.  Even while I felt nothing, the midwife got out the ultrasound machine because she couldn't find the heartbeat on the Doppler.  It turned out it was because the baby was so active, literally bouncing off the walls and doing virtual sit-ups.  My daughter...
I had a routine appointment today, but it ended up being a really great one!  First, the midwife couldn't find the heartbeat with the Doppler, so she brought in the ultrasound machine.  I have never seen an ultrasound of a baby at this stage before (I'm 13w3d today-- yay, second trimester!).  The features were so pronounced but the baby is still so tiny!  The most amazing part was that the baby was already moving around like crazy, which explained why we couldn't hear...