or Connect

Posts by danamichele

I think it was in the 15th week I felt movement with my first, and I read it should be 16 to 20 weeks.  I guess because I know what to expect this time I felt the movement really early, way earlier than I thought possible (it was 10 weeks 5 days), but many other women I've found on online forums have described the same thing in second or later pregnancies.  It sure was a fun surprise!  And I have no doubt what it is.      
I'm feeling so moody, too, and to top it off, this time around my husband has been less than supportive of the moodiness.  Of course that doesn't help the situation.  :(   It's pretty amazing witnessing in one's self the return of the hormones during a pregnancy.  I had a lot of time to get to know myself as a person after adolescence, and WOW those hormones were a shocker once I got pregnant!  I really feel for adolescents in a whole new way now.  I don't remember any...
I'm still nursing my 2 1/2 year old.  She has always LOVED nursing-- she would literally nurse all day if I let her.  I have no desire to tandem nurse this particular toddler and an infant.  I don't know if my supply has decreased because she has always comfort nursed regardless of the presence of milk.  She said that my milk still tastes the same, but my nipples are definitely sensitive.  She only nurses now to fall asleep at nap time if we're home and before bed, even...
Soooo cute!    I'm jealous.  This is my second and I was hoping to show earlier. I'm feeling plenty pudgy, but I don't think it's necessarily due to pregnancy.  :/ (Bad timing to gain weight, right before the BFP.)  Soon enough I shall have my bump, too, I guess. 
I had such an issue with this my last pregnancy!  The due date calculators gave me one date and my doctor gave me another.  It turned out that both "thought" they were giving me a due date based on a gestation of 280 days (a calculated average gestation from LMP to spontaneous labor that doesn't take other factors into account, such as previous deliveries), but the doctor's office was using a manually read circular chart.  The nurse didn't have it lined up quite right...
Thank you for doing this!  I was thinking we needed a master list.  :)   danamichele/ 32/ January 1, but will probably be late/ 2nd child/ no idea  
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't mind at all when people I know ask if it was planned (a stranger would be a different story).  Maybe it would make a difference if we ever had an unplanned pregnancy, but we've always had to "try", so it definitely says something about the experience leading up to the pregnancy.  And I think I have my hands full with just one-- I'd definitely agree with anyone who said I'm going to have my hands full!  I think people are just...
Oh no, Dea!  I'm so sorry.  Take good care of yourself.
Yes, that's exactly what I felt-- a rolling, turning sensation!  I haven't felt it again after Friday night.  Now I don't know if I'm imagining other flutters or if they're real, but I can't wait to feel baby movement definitively again!  Suddenly this pregnancy feels very real, like there's really two of us.  :)    
Last night I was curled up sideways on the couch watching a movie and I'm sure I felt the baby move!  This is my second pregnancy and I felt it early with my daughter as well, but it was definitely later than this.  With her it was more of a poke, but this was more like the baby turned. I'm almost eleven weeks along (due the 1/1, so the farthest along I can be for this DDC), but I've read other accounts of mothers feeling movement this early, especially mothers who...