or Connect

Posts by danamichele

Yay, great update!  And good talk about addiction stuff, too.  That has been a (secret) part of our family drama as well.  It sounds like your family is handling it much better than my in-laws do(n't).  It sounds like you're on a good path.  :D
Oh boy, I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this.  :/  I faced a similar, but less severe (and minus a pregnancy during that time), situation with my in-laws and it's no fun.    I agree with people above that this is your husband's issue and not yours.  You shouldn't have to put up with put-downs and criticisms from your in-laws.  It's your husband's place to stand up for you and deal with his family.  That said, he might not do it.  Mine never did.  Either way,...
I've also heard the creams don't make a difference.  It's a genetic thing, and unfortunately I have the stretch mark genes!  They look way darker at first, but then fade and aren't that noticeable.  Creams can be nice for the pampering and relaxation either way and certainly won't hurt.  I also used the Burt's Bees brand, but as I mentioned, I did get stretch marks!   --dana
Oh no, I'm SO sorry.  :(  Take time to grieve how you need to.  That helped me a lot. (((Hugs)))
I think spotting like that can go either way, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad is happening!  I know it's sure scary though.  I have friends who spotted for months and had healthy pregnancies-- multiple friends.  I, on the other hand, noticed light pink one day and it only got heavier throughout the day (I was wearing regular maxi pads by then) and I did end up miscarrying, even without any cramping.  Definitely talk to your doctor, but as long as there isn't...
Thanks, ladies, for the helpful advice.  And I'm so sorry that you have experienced such losses as well.  :(  Yes, I was afraid that being pregnant might put some distance between us.  And from my own miscarriage, which I'm sure is a very different experience from a stillbirth/infant death (I still don't know what happened exactly), I sure know that a lot of people say the WRONG things!  It will be helpful to have some good words.  Oh, and I agree on the flowers thing,...
We were married over nine years before we had kids, having experienced years of questions/nagging during that time.  So family judgments were never in the picture for us, except maybe on the other end of the spectrum!   We have always been so excited when we found out that we could hardly contain our news.  We told people really early.  With our daughter everything worked out fine.  After that we miscarried and had to "untell" people.  I don't regret that at all.  It...
Thanks ladies!  I was amazed how hearing the heartbeat on the Doppler pulled on my heart strings so much more than the ultrasound.  It was indeed a wonderful moment!   Thorn, we must be really close.  My due date is New Year's Day, but if my daughter was any indication (18 days late), I'm not expecting a baby until January is firmly established.  :)   Linz3, I hope your appointment/paperwork goes well tomorrow and you find out if you're farther along than you...
Hi Ladies!  What do you think of an appointment updates thread?  Go ahead and update here if you so choose.  :)   I had my first real doctor appointment today, at 9w3d.  I was told it would probably be too early to hear a heartbeat with the Doppler, but he found it.  We did have an early u/s (due to a recent miscarriage) and saw it beating, but it was a such a wonderful sound to actually hear!  It feels more real now than ever and I'm starting to get really...
I'm totally stuck on names this time around.  We named our daughter Siena, after visiting Siena, Italy, when I was pregnant with her.  I love it because it sounds common but is a pretty rare name (even when spelled with two Ns).  Her middle name is Ruby, for my great grandmother.  I love it because they're both from the earth (siena is clay) and they're both colors.   I like Sydney (another geographical name-- perhaps trip destination, too?) or Sophie (my great...