or Connect

Posts by danamichele

I'm currently nursing a 31 month old.  She has always LOVED nursing and would nurse nearly nonstop all day if I let her, which I did at first!  Because of this I don't think she would make a good tandem nurser.  We've cut back quite a bit on nursing (0 to 4x/day now) and I do plan on weaning before the baby is born.  My original goal was to nurse to a year and then see what happened, and it just kept happening.  I'll be satisfied with a 3-year run!   *Actually*...
We told our daughter, 2 1/2, right away. Besides ourselves, it seemed natural for us that she's the first one who knows. Depending on how talkative your kid is and how secretive you want to be, though, people might find out before you intend to!  We don't really mind and are aware of that; in fact, we often let her tell people the news, which makes her feel involved.    I miscarried in February and now I'm pregnant again.  She knows I had a baby in my tummy and then...
I need to be moved to the "In Our Thoughts" section.  :(     Happy and healthy pregnancies to the rest of you!   Dana, October 22, #2
Thanks so much for all the thoughts.  Unfortunately, I did lose baby.  It was very early and luckily the miscarriage was nothing more than what a period would have been -- I didn't even have cramping and a small clot was all I passed.  I'm thankful we were able to celebrate the life while it was here.  My husband and I went out to a nice dinner (out daughter with a babysitter) last night to process our loss and remember the precious life, and we're spending the weekend...
Thank you!  I'm trying to stay hopeful, but yes, it's very fresh and red and scary.  It's been consistent for about 9 hours now.  I've found other examples online of this happening and the baby sticking, but my friend who miscarried said this is how hers started.   :(  
I'm just 5w5d pregnant and started bleeding today at noon.  I normally wear tampons, so it's hard to judge from a pad how heavy it is, but I'd estimate it's about like a period.  Anyone else, especially in previous pregnancies or m/c, have an experience like this?  From what the doctor said and what I read it could still go either way, but I sure have a sinking feeling.  :(    (We are having a rare snow today here, but hopefully tomorrow my doctor will be open and I...
I'm glad to see this thread as well!  My daughter is 2 years 4 months and still nursing.  She has ALWAYS been a comfort nurser and used to be on my boobs fairly constantly through the day and night.  It got to a point about a year ago where I had to forcefully cut it back for my own health/sanity.  (And luckily, night weaning happened very naturally a few months later when she asked to sleep in her own bed in her room.)  Nursing has been great since, for both of us.  Now...
I first noticed how insanely hungry I was.  I had eaten constantly and was still obsessed with food, to the point of embarrassment.  At the time I thought it was serious PMS.  Exhausted, but also exilarated.  I've been feeling more active than usual, but then I'm totally worn out afterward.  I've been napping with my daughter, but then having trouble sleeping normally at night. I've had a couple waves of nausea when I've been hungry, but nothing...
This Week I Am 4 Weeks Along.   This Week I Am Feeling...Excited, totally blown away by the results of my impromptu Valentine's Day pregnancy test!  But thinking back I've been unusually energetic and simultaneously worn out from all the activity, and wanting food ALL the time.   This Week I Love...late night time to myself.   This Week I Despise...feeling tired from staying up too late.  (Not fatigued like my last pregnancy though.  Whew!)
I'm Dana, EDD October 22, #2.  Just tested today on the spur of the moment and so excited and blown away!  Wow!  I was hoping for this, but totally not expecting it.