or Connect

Posts by littlejenh

Ome!My beautiful daughter arrived via c-section yesterday afternoon. Pics and story to come!
41 + 1 and I'm feeling down today. I had a few strong contractions yesterday and called DH to come home from work. By the time he got home, they'd fizzled to nothing. I lost a lot of bloody mucous yesterday, presumably due to Thursday's stretch and sweep... and I woke up at 2 this morning and lost what had to be the rest of my mucous plug. But still, nothing. I feel this foley induction looming on the horizon, and I want to cancel it. If it doesn't work, I have to have a...
My sonogram went well! Baby is super cute and super ready to come out... now she just needs to do so!
40 weeks 6 days... I saw my midwife today and had a NST and cervical check. The baby is doing great and I'm 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. She tried to stretch my cervix a bit and that hurt. I've had some pretty strong contractions over the past few days and one while I was on the monitor today.I have a sonogram tomorrow and I'm scheduled for a foley induction on Tuesday. I really hope it doesn't come to that.
My DS is 21 months old. His baby sister is going to arrive any day now (I was "due" 5 days ago!). I intended to hold off on potty stuff until after the baby was born and we'd all settled in as a family of four. However, he's begun to show a strong interest in all things potty-related. Not only does he want to go in and "help" DH and me, he has started squatting over somw of his toys (a dump truck - heh, and a bucket) and exclaiming "pee!" I wonder if I'm doing him a...
I've mostly been lurking over the past few months, but I feel compelled to post today. I'm 40w 3d. And I just feel so done. I expected, all along, to go past my "due date," but I'm feeling impatient regardless. I don't have to tell you all that being this pregnant in this heat is miserable! I haven't had any signs of impending labo, but every day I hope that something will happen! I was induced with DS and never had the experience of going into labor on my own, so I'm...
I want to thank each and every one of you for your thoughtful responses. And, OP, if you're still reading this, thank you for your honesty. I could have written your words (if I were more articulate), and reading them was like looking in the mirror. The kindness and openness that I've seen in this thread is amazing and I feel a lot more hopeful after reading it than I have since I found out that I'm expecting a little girl.    
I don't know how to do this. Forgive me if it doesn't work. Also, please ignore my messy bathroom. 33 weeks
Sorry you're feeling that way... I can certainly empathize. I'm having that kind of day, too.
Ooooh, erin_mama, I think maybe I know you!