or Connect

Posts by mrs.t

Thank you. That is really helpful, actually. I think I'm more upset by everyone else's worries and our own indecision of not having an actual plan in place, so it's making me stress about finding a preschool setting when he actually doesn't need it. My son is outgoing, he talks to everyone, and is very social and verbal. So when he expressed fears about school I felt like it was definitely valid since he is absolutely fine if I'm there. I know my kid...he is acting truly...
I'm at a loss. My son will be 4 in April, and registration for September pre-k starts now. I love the idea of homeschooling, and I am really not loving what is going on in schools right now. I am nervous, though. Where I live, homeschooling is very rare. Most of my friends already have a pre-k picked out or their children have been in school since they were 2. The thing is, my son is very bright. I'm not worried about academics. I think he could use some more...
Thanks everyone!!! I noticed a lot of you mentioned siblings, and I guess that's where I get concerned because as if now, my son is an only child. Any future siblings are going to be pretty far apart in age.
Hi all, I have one son who will be 4 in April. I work full time, and he is taken care of by my mother in law, who is really amazing. I'm considering homeschooling, but where I live it's not a common thing to do. I am involved with a local homeschooling group, and I have lots of activities in my area I can incorporate into my son's day so he gets to be around other kids his age. My only reservation about homeschooling is the worry that he will not have any close friends. I...
I know it's just a number...it still messes with my head a little, though. I do like the prospect of not having 2 kids in college at the same time!
My DH is having some health issues, which is affecting our decision to TTC a second child. We're going to have to wait a while longer than I had planned, which is fine, but I just turned 34, and our DS is 3. Even if I got pregnant now, our children would have 4 years between them, and I would be almost 35 when delivering. I had hoped we would be TTC this fall, but that doesn't seem likely. For those of you who have a space of 4 years or more between kids, how is it? Do...
I just feel like even though the moms I know are supportive, they NEVER plan an outing together when I can go. It's always 11am on a Tuesday or something. I don't expect everyone to work around me, but I hate that it's not even remotely trying to consider working moms. I work in a school, I get out at 3pm. It wouldn't be that difficult to have an afternoon playgroup or something. I just don't like the slightly elitist undertone.
I am parenting in the best way that I know how, that works for my family, which ends up being attachment parenting for the most part. However, I work full time. While I have found a bunch of like minded moms in my area, it seems like they are always making plans for play dates and such when I am at work. I don't blame them, I would be wanting to get together during the day as well, but I feel like my son and I are excluded. Even non AP meet ups, like story time at the...
Long story short, I haven't spoken to my father in 7 months. The weird thing is, nothing happened between us. He has a girlfriend and they are having some kind of issues, which they are trying to work out, so it started out with me trying to give him some privacy. We were never really too involved in each other's lives, but would talk regularly on the phone and get together for holidays, birthdays, etc.. Now he hasn't attempted contacting me since he responded to an email...
This thread makes me feel a lot better!