or Connect

Posts by hippiemom

Thank you kind mamas... I have an addict father whom I have watched go up and down, in and out of treatment my whole life. Verrry bleak when I saw him go back "down", I feel for you and your son Mamabadger. Hard to love someone and have to let them live their path when it is so painful, Mirlee, thank you for the link, it puts a bug in my ear certainly. I have a dear, almost lifelong girlfriend whose husband has had MDD most of his life. They have been...
hello all Seeking to give and receive support as someone who loves someone with major depressive disorder. My partner suffers some medical conditions that are thyroid/adrenal related and this causes/contributes to bouts with serious depression. Here in New England, this is made worse by the long winter. My partner has undergone treatment for his thyroid over the past 3 years, but this is after his condition went undiagnosed for many years. There is damage and much...
The combination of taking optimal care of yourselves with nutrition, supplements, herbs, and relaxation/body work PLUS using the appropriate medication(s) is a powerful one.. Just think, if your body is well-nourished then the meds you may still need will do their best for you, as opposed to a body that is struggling with depletion/imbalance and then on medication too. Sometimes it takes both, and they can work well together. I salute your bravery for trying...
I am a teacher, and many of my kids have been sick according to that pattern... None of them severe, but it is definitely a nagging thing where they feel better and then worse and back and forth. My daughter and my nephew have been the same, low level sick for about 2 1/2 weeks now. Rest vitamins via good food & nourishing stews old fashioned remedies like chicken soup, garlic, hot honey lemon water steamy showers love get well soon!
Yep. Keep up your good treatment with the antifungal cream (ONLY, no others... they will seal in moisture and encourage the yeast). Keep area clean and dry as possible, let him go diaperless if you can. Keep going on the probiotics too.. they are more effective AFTER the abx course b/c now they body no longer has anything upsetting its balance, and I believe your babe will respond to treatment better. I dealt with this when my 3 were babies and I kept up yeast...
Just had a day of pre thanks dinner with my sick 3 yr old neice, my sick mom, and one of my 3 with a cough... sigh. It's everywhere hon. You have a higher chance of getting sick by riding the bus, grocery shopping, or checking out a library book. At least your sickie is a baby who is not yours,and who can stay with his/her mama and maybe have limited contact directly with you? Stock up on C, don't hold the baby, wash your hands a bunch, and relax and enjoy the dinner.
I take Orthotricyclen low dose, and love it. It makes my periods lighter, made me lose a few lbs, and I notice my PMs symptoms, while generally mild, became more mild Not everyone reacts to the pill in the same manner, but for me it has been positive. For your situation, I would seek counsel at a Planned Parenthood-type clinic. These are dedicated, feminist, enlightened practitioners who do nothing but woman-care. They spend a lot of time with you and have good,...
Anyone willing to share feedback on this topic? I have read several encourageing articles, but looking for anecdotes thanks!
Anyone use this with any success for Fibromyalgia? Looking into this for a loved one who also has thyroid/adrenal issues.. (did not see anything in those threads about this in particular). Other, esp natural rememdies for fibromyalgia pain also sought and welcome thank you
I take what he says with a big grain of salt... can't be fearful of everything. Good common sense takes care of most worries. And you will only pry my cast iron fryin' pan out of my cold dead hands.