or Connect

Posts by hippiemom

Ask yourself dear, would I want to have the flu and the pox at the same time, or back to back? No, thank you. I'd wait... It'll come back around, always does.
anything to keep coughs productive and prevent infection: humidifiers, steamy showers, hydration, guifenisen syrup, demulcent herbs in tea such as slippery elm and marshmallow root, licorice root... rest when you can WHENEVER you can to keep up strength, and good old fashioned chicken soup with lots of garlic. My nephew is in the early stages of this, not going to be a fun week, but in we go... prayers too, for everyone dealing with this. The hype seems very overblown...
My dear BF has been dealing with adrenal fatigue woes for about 3 years now (though he has had it for much longer), in conjunction with hypothyroid. He is taking a good wholistic approach, but it has been trial and error, success and setbacks, and all daunting, scary, exhausting. A year ago he made a bold move to let himself remain laid off so he could focus completely on his health. (He had a lot of money saved up). Today he is still searching. For me as his...
My BF takes antianxiety med too.. helps some with his insomnia that is part of his adrenal fatigue (he uses melatonin too). There is no one path, we are all individuals. Take it one day at a time honey, nurture, nourish, and be gentle with yourself.
Yeah the flu, any flu sucks... sorry for your woes. Honey, garlic, lemon, all the remedies to help you get rest, Vit C, chicken soup, and love! I am good and tired of the fear/scare/paranoia tactics out there too. It is bullshit designed to sell drugs and untested vaccines. There is lots of money to be made from our fear, so let's keep hold of our common sense, mamas!
Hello wise mamas, My BF has lived with and sought care for and finally had to become his own healer/advocate in dealing with thyroid issues (hypo). Like many women years ago, when he went to seek help for his symptoms he was told he was moody, crazy, or had back issues. (!!) Just 3 years ago he finally found an enlightened doc who began treatment for his thyroid and was on the right track. however, in taking thyroid med he uncovered other symptoms that show severe...
Yep. The years of my marriage were some of the lonliest I have experienced... many late nights up after the kids were asleep, feeling restless and in need of an outlet, company, etc. Is it possible for you to get a sitter just one night a week? If so, you can have a regular night "out". I started this years ago and it evolved into fun activity and meangingful friendships that sustained me. I started taking guitar lessons. Silly yes but fun and it gave me something...
This is tough, and it depends on how vengefully your ex will react... tends to be worse in the early months and simmer down over time. first of all, Not an easy phase for any of you. It does require discretion for your own protection... IMO, having a lover over for yourself is hardly child abuse, and I know from my own experience that a marriage is often over LONG before separation happens... unhappiness that you have lived with is relieved in finding a new...
YES to al-anon... went for 8 years and it saved me. Helped me understand so much.. I continue to work those steps and here I am with more understanding... Singin in the Rain, you hit the nail here for me. I agree wholeheartedly that we can be creative, passionate, edgy even, but also responsible, nurturing to our children, dependable, etc. I am very artistic, my heart leads me, I have many tattoos, and yet I have a house and hold down a career, am fully available to...
I smile only because I am in the same boat with a different paddle. I have 2 teen girls, 16 and 13 (and a boy who is 8.5).. I also teach middle school. I agree that the kind treatment of others must be upheld. There is nothing wrong with expectations, house rules, and our children learning basic respect for others at home. I believe this helps them and is a form of loving them, part of our job. However, the teen years are soooo intense (anyone willing to be 13...