or Connect

Posts by hippiemom

Ok.. brutal honesty here. I was raised by an addict father (alcohol). He was at best a "fair weather" parent and partner for my mom in that he came and went as he pleased, regardless of our family's needs. He partied, had affairs, was visibly drunk often, and was extremely self centered. He was also artistic, inspiring, electric, and very charismatic. Through that, as a teen and woman I learned to pick what I was used to from my upbringing... classic, chaotic,...
That is a good point, that for some of us who were in unhappy marriages for a long time, getting out of that and dating gives us the chance to have that passionate, loving relationship we were missing in life. I second the positivity here that there are indeed "good ones" out there. Again, have faith, and let your actions make room for that good thing to come along... your reward for removing yourself from a less-than-satisfying relationship and/or an unhappy life....
Dating is hell.. except when it works out! Nothing could have prepared me for the humility I would have to choke on as I emerged from divorce in my later-than-mid 30's only to find that dating had not changed since high school.... I posted a while back that I was surviving breakup, processing those emotions amidst single parenting 2 teen daughters and a 9 year old boy.. yowza! BUT remaining strong b/c it was my choice to leave the relationship initially. I made...
I agree, hard to predict the overall course.. However, if one is optimally healthy, then any needed meds will do their job to their best potential. Great nutrition, exercise, fresh water, and stress relief can only improve the situation. JOY and good relationships... all that. I avoid excessive heat, eat a balanced diet that emphasizes protein, veggies and fruit, whole grain, and minimizes sugars of all kinds. I use herb teas as needed and I do drink coffee, my...
Mama, I feel for you... my baby boy had his first asthma attack at about 10 months. I took him to the er and was terrified. I can tell you, today at almost 9 years, it has improved greatly! First and foremost, if you had asthma yourself then you know there is no substitute in a crisis for "rescue" medication (such as albuterol). Keep this on hand. I too love the neb, it delivers the med in such a way that your kid can fall asleep (or back to sleep) while getting...
eek! Seems to me that pharmaceuticals would even be safer than that! The flu is best combatted by a body that is optimally healthy and can withstand and fight disease. Nourish up now in the season of harvest! Get out in the sun and play/exercise! Sleep well after active days. Love well and do what inspires you. Sounds trite but it is a fun "treatment", and it works
Hi there I am (ahem) about to turn 40 this fall and was dx'ed with MS when I was 19... I have lived with it for a long time, and never took medication. My symptoms were always intermittant, and then with some nutritional/lifestyle and natural treatments, are almost nil today. I would be happy to share more... What kinds of symptoms does your friend have? How was s/he diagnosed? What was the "first" episode like, and was it linked to anything else? (virus,...
Thank you Tanya Yeah the DIET and body-balance thing intrigues me.. certiainly exploring that cannot hurt and may get us to the bottom of "why" as you say. I like a nourshing approach in all matters where that can be applied.:
thanks for all this information! I will check the adrenal thread too.. Mitochondrial disorder, don't know if he has checked for that. He is seeing a good doc across the country (as the ones here were unresponsive to his needs) who is progressive, but still an MD. The diet piece, I believe is H U G E. We cannot stress the importance of good eating enough, nor the detriments of poor habits. This is a road I will travel with him some, to help him thru the early...
A good friend of mine has adrenal fatigue, has had it most of his life but suffers now from intermittent muscle and nerve pain. He is doing cortisol therapy which helps, but is not the whole picture.. Any and all advice/input about diet therapies (which I will enthusiastically be helping him with, have seen miracles in that realm!) and other supportive natural treatments welcome and appreciated cheers, wise mamas!