or Connect

Posts by hippiemom

This. Is. Really Gross.... But we're moms so who cares. My DP has a pretty good case of "jungle rot" on his feet. Athlete's foot to the extreme. We are careful about sock choices and comfortable shoes, breathable, but his feet sweat a LOT and he has spots of skin damage from this. I know he needs antifungal, inside and out. Immune boost, I am working on this. His diet is not great and he smokes (another issue entirely, I am working on his health one thing at...
I think what you write in your latest response is the key: you have to rely on yourself. If you can do that, then you can be with him b/c you want to be, and not just b/c you need him for help. I like your take on him being a lover and friend for now, and seeing how he pulls it together. I agree you need a big stretch of time to make sure he does just that. You also need to establish yourself, an equally if not more important task.
My kids are gone one night a week and every other weekend. For the first few hours I say "whew" and relax, but after that I miss them and have 2/5 days to go! I have learned to call friends ahead of time and set up plans for at least 2 evenings. I also go out for coffee one morning with my mom or sister or both! I do projects around the house, give it some attention. I am a musician and have learned to look forward to the practice time. I read in the middle of...
I second the WIC suggestion, used to work in their county office. They offer a lot of help, and connections to other forms of help. Also, if you have any sort of community health center, you can contact them. Churches are links to immediate help in crisis situations. My dad is a minster, and sometimes people would call saying they had no food, no heating oil, etc. He would pull lots of strings to get people out of crisis mode. In the long term, yes you will get...
I have 2 teen daughters and am a feminist... WOW this is a biggie! Luckily, there is an effective and easily-accessible strategy. I started to worry when my girls drifted toward tacky fashion shows and mags. Ew, the brainlessness, the skeletal bodies, the boy obessessed propaganda! However, I used these materials to my advantage. I read them with the girls. We watched "America's Next Top Model" together. I commented loudly about what I saw, the marketing, the...
LOVE YOUR BABY, as much as you do, every day WORK HARD doing what you love to do BE YOUR ROCKIN' SELF and do so with pride. I have lots of tattoos too, and a full-time job educating children. I can be creative, edgy AND responsible all at once! GO MAMA!! :
That I am not "cool" enough, that my ethics and responsibilities are rigid and a drag, and that he was not cheating on me. He was right about one thing; I am not enough of an ignorant party girl for him!
I teach middle school at a small, private middle/high school. The whole place is safe. For everyone. This is due to our small numbers and the fact that we have the kids for 3 years before they move on. We know them well. For example, when my collegue and I noticed a small group of middle school boys pointing beyond the double doors at a gay high school boy, we took them aside immediately, spoke to them at length, and contacted their parents. We reinforced this with...
Call the SAU office of the town that the school you are interested in is located.
Ok, the "burning calories while nursing" thing was a MYTH in my life, X3: With all of my children, I did not lose the final 10 lbs of baby weight until the kid weaned. With my son (#3), I gained weight after he was born, just to add insult to injury, heehee. I have learned that a mother's body can sometimes "hang on" to those energy stores just in case we have a famine, so nursing moms can still feed their babies. Nice for nature to protect the babies and all, but it...