or Connect

Posts by luvtjones

Hi all, I am a single mom to my son who is turning 16 in a few weeks. He just informed me that he wants to have a "jungle theme" for his birthday party. I thought it was a little unusual to have a theme but he said he asked his friends if he should have a theme and apparently the consensus was "yes" LOL. We are having this party at home, and I am one of the most uncreative people ever, unfortunately. I don't have very many crafty skills, so anything that might be...
Thanks so much for everyone's advice. I'll be forwarding it to her. She doesn't get much exercise just because she's so busy! She has three children whom she homeschools, and two are "special needs". So much of her focus is outside of herself. Perhaps I could take the initiative and do a daily walk with her. Thanks again and hopefully something someone suggested here will help.
Hello everyone: I am trying to find out if anyone knows of any *effective* homeopathic/naturopathic remedies for PMS. I got to witness for the first time how this affects my girlfriend. Apparently she has suffered for years and actually gets terrible symptoms for a couple of weeks before she even starts her period. She has mood swings, migraines, irritability, stomach pain, cramps, and emotional crying jags. It is heart wrenching for me to watch her go through this. It...
Isn't it more environmentally friendly (and easier on the wallet) to just use cloth tote bags you can buy from a garage sale or a thrift store? I laughed when I saw one web site that actually sells cloth grocery bags. I've gotten them from various places for free or less than $1, all secondhand.
Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom! I think I was definitely more upset than my son was. One of the most important values I teach to my children is good manners and though they aren't perfect, people definitely notice it (which seems kind of sad that good manners are remarkable these days!) The gift wasn't returnable - it was a mall gift certificate. So, he decided to go to the Body Shop and use it to buy himself some skin care product. I think he definitely...
Hello all, So due to my life circumstances (dh and I are separated, and I am living with my grandmother, I was home with the kids for almost 5 years, now my son just started middle school for 7th grade instead of our original homeschooling plans) my son is currently in public school. He will be 13 next month and our first "middle school social challenge" has come up and I am hoping to hear from some BTDT moms. I have read "Queen Bee Moms and Kingpin Dads" by Rosalind...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lisashepp This is the one www.idahoidea.org That sounds great! In our state, Connections Academy is planning on starting up next school year and I hear that K12 is also planning on getting a virtual charter here soon. I am hoping to get my son into Connections Academy, I think it will be a good compromise for my dh.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lisashepp The online charter I plan to enroll my daughter in for the 07/08 school year allows me to choose my own curriculum as long as there is no religous content, which I knew and it's why I chose this charter, however, I just found out that I can spend up to half of the allotment (half=$600) on extracurricular activities like ballet! So not only will we be getting the curriculum of choice which I couldn't afford otherwise,...
Hello all, A friend of mine started up a support group for liberal homeschoolers a couple of years ago. One of the members of our group posted on the local umbrella group before Xmas that her daughter was interested in forming a social/support group for "tweens" (kids 9-12 years of age), as there is no such group in the area that is not Christian based. My son attended the first meeting and it was a total disaster. To make a long story short, it turns out that the...
How funny! Here I was just about to post on this other reason to homeschool!: Science a la Joe Camel