or Connect

Posts by mayanbutterfly

I've been reading about toys having PVC additives in them.  I am a toy collector and I have been collecting My Little Ponies for a long time.  Now I am realizing that they may be toxic to my 3 year old daughter.     Here are two articles that I came across:   http://guide.thesoftlanding.com/newsletter/issue-12-pvc-in-christmas-toys-and-toxic-toys-r-us/   http://chej.org/wp-content/uploads/Documents/2010/ToxicToysRUs.pdf   So, what do I do?  Should I keep...
I'm trying to figure out how much of the day I can be at college classes and still be able to breast feed my baby enough.  How many hours in a row is too long? I want to make sure that my milk doesn't dry up and that she gets all the nursing she needs.  I'm just not sure how many times a day she needs to nurse at her age old... and I defiantly want her to nurse as much as she wants and I'm not looking to wean her anytime soon.     Do you think that it's possible to...
Hi there!   I am a mother to a beautiful 20 month old baby girl.  I had a natural home birth  with a midwife with her and it was a wonderful experience!  My labor was only 12 hours long and I'll defiantly have a home birth again if I have another baby.    My husband, baby, and I are all vegans and we try to eat lots of organic food.     We co-sleep with our baby and she has slept with us every night since she was born.     I'm still nursing her and I...
Ok, thanks!  That sounds good!  
That is exactly what I thought I had read and it's very nice to hear it from someone else!  I am going to switch doctors.  It's amazing to read about all the mothers on here that nurse their babies for so long and inspiring. (:    
I've been working on EC with my baby since she was 9 months old after reading two books about being Diaper Free.  Reciently we decided to just stop putting any diapers on her and it working really well!  She's gone almost 3 days with no accidents.  I want to keep this up with her, however my husband and I are going to go to college in the fall and we're going to have his parents watch her while we're at class.  Can anyone give me advice on how they can keep doing EC with...
Hi everyone!   I have a baby girl who is one and a half.  When I took her to a doctor for a check up, the doctor was really pushy about me weaning her because he was concerned about tooth decay- even though he didn't even look at her teeth.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Also for mothers that have been nursing their babies for a long time, do you have tooth decay problems?     How can I make sure that my babies teeth will be ok when she nurses a lot of the...