or Connect

Posts by SimonMom

I've done this with my 6 year old too. I like Ellen Satter's method, and it works just fine for my 9 and 4 year old, but not the 6 yo. So often I will give him a little bit of the fruit or vegetable i'm serving, and tell him I'll serve the rest of the meal after he eats it. It's always a fruit or vegetable I know he doesn't hate, and never a huge amount. He would never touch a fruit or veggie if it were up to him, and I'm just not ok with that. Now if this turned into a...
Your situation sounds completely doable! You have one child that will be in school full time..and it sounds like you will be able to schedule work and classes around him. Just make sure you're using the time he's in school and you're not working effectively. I would suggest you do the household/shopping etc on the weekend or throughout the week with your child. I have three children and I'm in school full time, and it's a struggle to get those things done to be sure..but...
My University has a grant that covers all daycare expenses. It's through the goverment..it's called CCAMPIS (child care access means parents in school). You might want to check if your University daycare has this.
This thread is still going? :p I just wanted to point out that I absolutely did not pick those two studies because they supported my viewpoint. I was exhausted and went with the first two studies that popped up on web of science with my choice of key words. Look..I agree..meta-studies can be useful tools. However, what I love about science is that it is always changing, new things are always discovered, and everything is up for being questioned. To me, if you really want...
i remember fundal massage in at least 2 of my 3 births, however i'm more questioning holly's insistence on cord traction and pit for everyone. i bet she didn't even bother to look at the studies i posted. which just shows to me that she has one view, and that's all. she's not willing to inform herself past what she already believes. 
i'm asking you you are debating this. are you incapable of finding these studies? i could be convinced if you find them and show them to us. the onus is on you, my dear.
I'm still interested in your evidence for your evidence based practices. :p I'm a scientist, I am capable of reading the literature. Show it to me. :) You totally glossed over any of the studies I pointed you in the direction of. You want to be believable? :p Then show us the evidence. That should be easy. 
*scratches head* do you know anything about the medical field or are you just making this up as it goes along? lol   do *you* practice evidence based medicine? oh that's right..you're not a cnm yet, right? :p wow i wouldn't trust you at all. are you up to date on currents studies done this topic? a very quick cursory search through web of science shows several studies that do not support active management or at the most very weak support for it. and yes these are just...
Hello, I live in Cleveland, and I consider myself a fairly crunchy person. I don't know what the crunchy "scene" here is like as much as I did in other places when I was a full time sahm. There are definitely crunchier areas though. Where are you thinking of moving?
Ok..so what you're basically saying is you're ocd. You're so ocd your children aren't even allowed to go barefoot outside and are apparently terrified of all animals. Seriously..they HATE all living things beside humans and plants??!!! If you seriously mean that I would suggest therapy for that. I actually do find that extremely worrisome.    But the fact it...you STILL haven't killed those $%&*@# MICE!!!!!!!! You spend hours and hours each day cleaning just so you...