or Connect

Posts by SimonMom

The mice are still there. They did not just leave because you cleaned up. No offense but you're kinda being wussy about this. :P I don't think it's fair AT ALL that your kids are living with mice crawling across them. I KNOW how you feel...I felt the same way. Buck up and just go buy the snap traps today! And cheer when you hear the snap! lol. It's not that bad. I promise. But seriously... go. do. it.
I had mice for the first time this past fall/winter. I HATE mice in the house. Outdoor mice are cute..but they do not belong indoors. Mice are pests. They are overpopulated probably due to easy access to food and nice places to live (houses) and lack of natural predators. I feel NO remorse killing them. Neither should you. :p Disposing of dead mice was hard for me at first, but I got used to it. It's MUCH MUCH better then actually living with mice in your house and...
I'm just saying..it sounds like pressure. Hopefully you can do this in a way where there's no pressure, but it seems doubtful. It seems you're worried about him passing for very specific reasons, such as doing well to get into private school. IMHO, as a parent, your goal shouldn't be for him to perform well on a test, but to want your child to grasp concepts and work through problems. You seem to be implying his teacher's failing him, and he's just making silly mistakes,...
She sounds like a normal little girl who may be ahead of the curve physically. :) Seriously..I think 3 months is too young to tell if your child is gifted. Most likely she will be bright since intelligence since you and your husband both are. Two of my children were way ahead of the curve physically and one a little behind, and so far I haven't noticed any major differences in intelligence between them. :p 
I wouldn't put any pressure on him to perform. :) I don't even understand why you would buy him a prep book for it. Chill out and stop caring how he performs on it. lol. 
  Ok, seriously...I was trying to be kinda nice before. But if i'm blunt I think you are being all "special snowflake" with your daughter. I actually meant preschool as in with her same age mates. She'll be 2 in a few months, and I don't see anything you've said that would necessitate her being placed with older children. Toys that aren't advanced enough?? Maybe it's just me, but I really like me some open ended play :p I fail to see how a toy kitchen wouldn't be fun...
Purely from the things you stated..her vocabulary, etc...she sounds advanced, but not so advanced she wouldn't fit in well at a nurturing, play based preschool. In my opinion she would not fit in well with 5 or 6 year old kids, based just on what you specifically described. That's just my observation. My eldest child is 8, and gifted, although not profoundly so, and I'm pretty sure he could do all those things you listed by age 2. All three of my extremely bright...
I think your ped is right..
http://jme.bmj.com/content/early/2012/03/01/medethics-2011-100411.full this works
I think she said twice her husband doesn't have a problem with alcohol. I'm sure he'll regret it enough himself lol. :p