or Connect

Posts by juneboymum

I have vomited with both of my previous births. With my second it was my only indication of how far along I was. It was only 45 minutes after my first contraction and it told me I was already in transition. We left for the hospital immediately and I was 10 cm when I arrived. I Hypnobirth and those babies sneak up on you. If I had not puked I would have never made it to the hospital! Puking doesn't bother me anymore....I still vomit every single day at 31 weeks. It's...
I choose not to slow down. With my first son my boss had me stop work at 40 weeks. I had him at 42 weeks and those were the worst, slowest, most miserable 2 weeks. I was bored out of my mind and had nothing to distract me from the "waiting game". With my next son I worked up until I had him. I'm a vet so it's a pretty physical job. I went to 41w3d with him and went into labor less than 12 hours after finishing appointments and he was here 3.5 hrs later. I plan to do...
I do an external hibiclens wash the morning of the test. It's totally cheating but I want to be sure I get a negative test. The test is totally invalid regarding what your actual status will be on the day you give birth. My oldest is also severely allergic to penicillin so there is no way I'm going to expose my unborn baby to it. I've tested negative every time so far. I would not consent to hibiclens douches during labor either because it is so important for the baby...
Yes, this is my 3rd pregnancy that I've puked every.single.day the entire time. I had hyperemesis with my 1st which was just horrible. My second pregnancy and this pregnancy have just been "regular" sickness so much more bearable. I'm so used to it by now. At least after 18-20 weeks I don't have the 24 hr nausea. It's all worth it in the end!!
I'm still nursing my youngest. He'll be 2 at the end of the month. I'm pretty sure my milk is officially gone. It has been hard staying hydrated with daily puking. I feel a little guilty that he didn't get a chance to breast feed as long as his older brother. He nurses only 1-2 times a day and only for a minute. He doesn't have the patience to dry nurse like his brother did. Tonight he asked for songs instead of Na-Na.
I'm 21 weeks today and this is what I consider half way. Historically, I've gone 42 weeks and 41+3 so I don't even think about my EDD as reality. Only 20-21 more weeks of puking....
I also have 2 boys and I was a bit anxious before my ultrasound. I LOVE having boys and would have been so happy if I ended up with 10 boys. I was more stressed because in my mind a girl would be so different. I also get so annoyed with people who automatically think that we are having a 3rd just to try for a girl (and when they assume 3 kids is the max). Seriously, it makes my blood boil. Anyway....within minutes of finding out that we are expecting a girl I was so...
I'd love to join! I love my birth beads from my January 2012 DDC!
Hi! I'm a bit late in joining! I'm Becky and have 2 boys (4.5 and almost 2). We live just outside Baltimore. I'm a vet and my husband is a scientist at Hopkins. We're excited for our 3rd....and found out today it's a girl! EDD is 6/7 but I have gone 14 and 10 days late previously so I'm not expecting a baby until at least mid June. Looks like I need to change my screen name (it was created based on my oldest son's bday) to Junegirlmum! I'm still nursing my youngest...
I have personally never had an iud but many of my friends tried Mirena and hated it. Lots of weight gain, hormone fluctuations, just feeling bad overall.