or Connect

Posts by HerRoyallHighness

I'm just waiting for her to try to stuff you into a white dress for this thing. She's totally planning a wedding here. Here's what I think: I think it's time for your DH to stand up to his mother. As has been stated before, she's NEVER going to listen to anything you have to say. But he's her baby, and she probably thinks (or has convinced herself) that everything she's doing here is for him. So if he's the one who puts his foot down and tells her to lay off, then it will...
I think the best motivation for making the house presentable is to invite someone over. We had some friends from out of town over at Christmastime and it was the first time in a long time anyone besides my husband's slobby gamer-geek friends has been here to actually have dinner and visit. The day they were supposed to come I spent all day cleaning and I was so proud of the results. We really should have people over more often.
Angora doesn't come from goats...
Try following a pattern for something simple like a scarf or a shrug. There are tons of free patterns online. www.knittingpatterncentral is a database of free online patterns from all kinds of sources. You sometimes have to sift through them to find one that really appeals, but it's generally worth taking the time. Pick a pattern (especially one that's labeled "easy" somehow) and just go for it. If you can knit and purl, you can do pretty much anything; it's all based on...
204-212. Cleaning products I don't use anymore but are still good - being Freecycled this afternoon.
A-ha! BB Code FTW!
That's no excuse! If he's not capable of acting like a decent human being, then he needs to have a caretaker there around the clock.
200. Leather jacket 201-203. Boots of DH's that he doesn't wear anymore   And that's without even starting on the two rooms that have gotten cluttery and out of control. They're on my list, though...
Half of the time when I go to reply to something, I click the text box and the cursor doesn't show up. I have to click the "Source" button in the top left corner, and then I can't make paragraph breaks. I don't get it. I have Firefox, and it hasn't prompted me to update it lately, maybe my version is out of date? Or, what else could be going on?
I have a great relationship with my MIL. She's very laid-back and doesn't interfere in our life, and she NEVER even implies that I might not be good enough for her son. My husband's grandmother, on the other hand... we had a rocky start. Throughout my husband's life, she has made no secret that he is her favorite grandchild, because he was the first grandchild. He has always gotten preferential treatment from his grandparents. So when I entered the scene in a serious...