or Connect

Posts by HeckedyPeg

My husband and I are seriously considering moving to Omaha later this year (from California) ... I have a son who is 3, and we're actively trying for #2.    OP, have you had any luck in your search?
Okay, now I'm all freaked out! My DS, age 3, had two nights of vomiting around Halloween; he was feverish one of the days so I figured it was a stomach bug. Then last night he had the really severe vomiting, every 30 minutes or so from about midnight to 5am (though the intervals became longer as the night went on). I thought maybe it was food poisoning because that is how *I* vomit when my body is rejecting something. He was fine all day,  no symptoms, then puked again...
Hello!   My husband and I are giving serious thought to moving to Lincoln in March/April of 2014. My husband works for a company based there, but he currently works remotely from home (and consequently has to travel a lot!). We are currently living in Ventura County, CA which is about 50 miles NW of Los Angeles, and we've both lived here our entire lives. I'm sure there will be a bit of moving shock (the weather alone! Actual winter!) but I'm kind of excited about it. We...
Personally, I'd be uneasy to be without at least basic emergency coverage. About four years ago I was considering giving up my health insurance and I got a gall stone stuck in my bile duct and had to have an emergency gall bladder removal (my gallbladder had twisted up on itself while I was violently vomiting, not fun!). I still had to pay my share of the bills but without insurance it would have been over $30k. I'm not trying to use scare tactics, but I think it's smarter...
Excellent!   Thanks all! I figure if he's really cold of course he'd just come into bed, but worth trying on his own.   :)
Hello! I'm going camping in early September in Yosemite with my 2 year old son. We've brought him camping before, but this will be the first time when it will get pretty chilly at night (average is around 50F). I was just wondering if anyone had any good recomendations for pajamas or something that would keep him warm enough at night.   We used to cosleep when he was younger, but neither he nor I slept well after about 18 months so he's been in his own bed since then...
Hugs mama!     I empathize with you on this! I just went back to school and had to find a babysitter (better than a daycare IMO); I am actually sharing two days of sitting with a friend who is starting back at work part time so our kids are together and she works (literally) right next door. We found our sitter on care.com and we love her!    I would suggest following your gut instincts- if you feel "funny" about anyone, no matter how good their references are on...
I'm here! It has been a crazy month for us. My MIL passed away on Aug. 13 so that really effing sucked, and kind of sent both DH and I into a spiral of not caring about anything for a week or so (I mean diet/exercise wise) ... but we are getting through this period. We went on a long planned camping vacation to Yosemite the last week of August and that was just so lovely. Yosemite has always been a spiritual anchoring place for me, and it really helped me mentally to...
Oh wow I can't believe the thread is already 3 pages long! Just stopped by to sub, say HI and I have not dropped off the planet - after MIL's funeral we had a week of down time, then went out of town for a week, and this week I went back to school. I'm trying to get all caught up on the happenings here but HUGS to everyone who needs them!
I'm loving the pics!   Happy to say that I finally have a toddler on my hands! After months of cruising and confident walking while clutching mamas hand, O decided to just up and walk today. We were playing and he just let go of his toy basket and walked across the living room! I was actually quite shocked but I'm SO happy he did it!  He doesn't really have any words yet (at 14 months) so I'm a starting to get a little concerned about that, but maybe now that the...