or Connect

Posts by foxynursejo

I work nights, there's no way I could do it if I didn't have someone to watch my kids the next day.  Either my mom watches them (at my house) or it's on a weekend when DH is home.  It wouldn't be safe for me at home if I had to be responsible for them after working all night.   We have a lactation room we can use for pumping, but it's on a different floor, and it's hard to take the extra time to go down there.  So I use our report room, it's not locked but I put a...
I've seen alot of ergos here too (CO) and the occasional beco.  Sometimes a stretchy wrap, but the only wovens I see are the mamas from my BWing group!  hehe.  Unfortunatley though I do see alot of bjorns/snuglis, I'm thinking of making up cards with our group info and website info and just saying something like "I see you wear your baby like me!   We would love to have you come to one of our playdates and you can try other kinds of carriers!"  I don't want to seem...
Very interesting, thanks for sharing!
Awesome that you convinced him!  I think thats a really cute idea.  I'm not much into the cutesy matching twin everything (rhyming names, matching outfits, etc), but I think thats really cool.  My husband and I both have J first names, and all three of our kids have J middle names.
Congrats!  My words of advice are to take people up on their offers to help.  I was on bedrest for the last two months, and my mom had made up meals ahead of time and froze them, as well as coworkers coming together to bring meals over.  We used those during my time on bedrest and during the two weeks they were in teh NICU (I stayed at the hospital with them).  It was easier for my husband to pop one of those in the oven for himself and DS after he got off work, and I...
AW, thats too bad  :-(  
The morning of NCLEX I had morning sickness so bad.  Oh it was awful.  I only had the minimum amount of questions, but after it stopped I was sure that meant I failed horribly.  I prayed for it to keep going!  After I left I sat in my car and cried so hard, called my sister and told her I failed.  She gave me the "I'm sure you did fine speech", and I did do fine, lol, but that test is pure hell.    I had worked on the same unit for three years as a CNA, so I was...
When people started asking me (I think when the twins were 8-9 months old) how long I'd nurse I usually answer "oh probably til they're two or so" just to get them off my back.  Now they're almost 18 months old and my mom alwaaaays says "they're coming up on 2, almost time to be through with your milk".  Why don't people understand that this is the best thing for them?!?
Hi!  I'm been mostly a lurker on MDC but I'm trying to be more active!  I'm an RN on a post surgical unit.  I only work prn (3 shifts/2 weeks) and I work nights.  I found out I was pregnant with the twins (now 17 months) the last semester of nursing school.  I took NCLEX, got my license and started orientation before I went on bedrest.  I was on br for two months before they were born, then I took off four months.  When I first came back I only worked 2 shifts a month. ...